BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FS:Davies D6 recumbent, fully faired - Great White
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

FS:Davies D6 recumbent, fully faired - Great White

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS:Davies D6 recumbent, fully faired - Great White
    Posted: 01 July 2020 at 10:39am
This is a new ad for the Great White as it is now. ie the same as the previous ad but with the Shimano Dura Ace components and the FSA chainset. "Nice transmission components - usable range, something like 30 - 140"

The changes I've made are to improve the chain line with a Terracycle idler and fit a new folding tiller from Mike Burrows as my legs were not long enough for me to get into the fairing with the one Howard was riding with. Also new front wheel by Ginkgo with Fratteli rim and DT Swiss ceramic hub. 

I still have the original front wheel which can be used as a spare once the rim has been sorted as it keeps puncturing the inner tube.

Photos in previous ad and on Strava in my profile.

Offers in the region of £500 please.
PM me if interested. 
All the best.
Roy
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 10:16pm
NOW SOLD.
Thanks to everyone who showed an interest.
Just 3 more to goUnhappy
All the best.
Roy
Andy G View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:18pm
Hi Roy.

Could I register my interest in one of your Fujin SL2’s please, if and when you sell? No worries if not.

Cheers
Andy
These hills are steeper than they look.
Andy G View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:43pm
Scratch that last post. I’ve just checked the specs, and am ashamed to say that I am currently too heavy for the bike. I’ve become a lockdown lump :(
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 10:33am
Are you sure about your weight? Challenge list the weight limit on the Fujin 2 SL as 230 lb. 
All the best.
Roy
Andy G View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 1:45pm
Alas, yes. Currently just over 112kgs in my birthday suit
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 3:07pm
16 lb over so not a SL but a standard Fujin is 270 lb so go for one of those or lose the 16 lb. I don't know what the engineering tolerance is on bikes but usually 50% on components.

All the best.
Roy 
Ethan View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

Are you sure about your weight? Challenge list the weight limit on the Fujin 2 SL as 230 lb. 
All the best.
Roy
Why, are you actually selling?
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Ethan Ethan wrote:

Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

All the best.
Roy
This is going to come across as curt bordering on rude, but why do you need to know?

The answer is actually in previous related posts, the clue is "This is a new ad for the Great White as it is now. ie the same as the previous ad" Wink

Edited by Yanto - 04 July 2020 at 7:11am
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 9:51am

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Ethan, If you read the previous D6 post through to the end you'll see I have to sell all my bikes as I had a major stroke 13 months ago and lost the ability to balance a bike. That is why I am selling all my bikes and keeping my trike as that is the only thing I can cycle on now with safety. Maybe I should add that I'm 76 now and can't keep falling off without risking breaking bones. Two are now sold, only the Fujins and Mercedes Sprinter Van remain
All the best.
Roy 

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 04 July 2020 at 9:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic