BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Building
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Best 406 tyres?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2021 at 11:53am
Thanks Gavin. I can see why they did not like it. My own choice would have been the Scorcher after reading the review. 

In fact I have a pair of Scorchers for the After7. The only problem is that they reduce the turning circle because they are wider than the 406-28mm One's fitted by Daniel.< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">

All the best.
Roy
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2021 at 1:53pm
It seems I misjudged Tredz - I now have a 23-406 Schwalbe One from them, delivered inside 48 hours and much cheaper than (advertised, but unavailable) elsewhere. However I see they are now listed as 'available with supplier' (good luck with that) and the price has shot up by £13.
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2021 at 2:56pm
I've found Tredz to be very good, except when they aren't.  Suspect it comes down to whether they have to do anything beyond picking something off the shelf and bunging it in the post.
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

It seems I misjudged Tredz - I now have a 23-406 Schwalbe One from them, delivered inside 48 hours and much cheaper than (advertised, but unavailable) elsewhere. However I see they are now listed as 'available with supplier' (good luck with that) and the price has shot up by £13.
< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">

How long will it last Andrew?

All the best.
Roy
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2021 at 2:24pm
Came across this 406-25 Maxxis DTH. Supposed to have good grip. https://www.maxxis.com/uk/tyre/dth/                          < id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">

All the best
Roy
< id="BFI_" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; display: none;">

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 28 October 2021 at 2:25pm
simon View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 9:54am
we use maxxis DTH tyres on our race BMX they are seen as the best tyres at the minute ,giving good grip ,rolling resistance and wear, also run at high pressures 100-130 PSI which all riders want 
SIMON
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2021 at 10:34pm
How come bmx riders use such high pressures?
simon View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2021 at 10:41am
they think that it is faster due to better rolling resistance
SIMON
simon View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2021 at 10:48am
i have never seen dth 406-25, bmx tyres this size are usually 451-1"1/8 or 1"1/38 
SIMON
LWaB View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LWaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2021 at 2:20pm
BMXers like high tyre pressures to avoid pinch flats when they stuff up a jump.

Edited by LWaB - 21 November 2021 at 2:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic