BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Round 7: Shrewsbury, Sunday 1st August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by LWaB LWaB wrote:

I was hoping to be car-free today but not so. Only one in the car-free category today.

Noted.
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 1:32pm
johnlucian View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 5:48pm
Hi, Kim! Looking at the results for flying lap, I do not remember seeing Dave Overton as being anywhere near the leaders! Is there a mistake there?
John Lucian
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by johnlucian johnlucian wrote:

Hi, Kim! Looking at the results for flying lap, I do not remember seeing Dave Overton as being anywhere near the leaders! Is there a mistake there?

The piece of paper has "30 (2:07) [scribbled out digit] 1:27.39" written on it, in reasonably unambiguous handwriting.  1:27 is what's shown in the results, so it's not my transcription error.  2:07 would put him below our newest junior rider, which seems unlikely (presumably a warm-up lap?).

Perhaps Steve can elaborate, he was writing things down...

For further confusion, the RFID system recorded the following times for him: {14:11.39, 2:36.83,2:02.85,1:46.37} none of which seem to correlate with the above.  The 1:46.37 sounds plausible, though.  Maybe the 2:02 if he was having a bad day?

(By way of comparison, both Jochen and I have stopwatch times of 1:34.  RFID recorded 1:33.26 for me and 1:34.32 for Jochen - I checked this earlier, because I found it surprising.  Previous experience of tandem riders with tags on both helmets suggests that you can't read much sub-second precision into the RFID times.)

Edited by Kim - 02 August 2021 at 7:32pm
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 8:36pm
My time is correct, was not my fastest TT 😁

Jochen

Edited by farwer - 02 August 2021 at 8:37pm
johnlucian View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 9:13pm
Maybe you should make a photo of the hand writing paper and asks Steve to confirm what he thinks. Definitely the RFiD system time of 1.46.37 seems plausible!
John Lucian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic