BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Round 6: Stourport, Saturday, 31st July

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2021 at 11:56am
Meanwhile, it seems likely that the race timing system isn't going to be available, so I suggest anyone that can brings a notebook and pen to count laps with, and stopwatches if you've got them.

If someone (or multiple someones) can bring about 50m of mains extension lead(s), we can at least use the LED race clock (which I currently have) as a simple time display.  I've got a 25m reel, but we need about 75m to reach the finish line at Stourport.

Also, something we can use for flags and bells.  I believe red petticoats are traditional :)

If any videographers feel like paying extra attention to covering the race finishes in their entirety, that would be helpful for resolving quibbles.  Racers, keep your GPS recordings!
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2021 at 11:56am
Originally posted by flyinerin flyinerin wrote:

I'm not going to be able to make it to the race at Stourport this weekend

Many thanks for letting us know! Always best if people can do that where possible rather than just not turn up.

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2021 at 4:05pm
GOOD NEWS !!

We'll definitely be racing at shrewsbury on Sun 1st Aug, (as originally advertised). The track has just this afternoon been signed off and approved for use.

Don't forget (for anyone who has been holding off booking, race registration for Shrewsbury (sun) as well as Stourport (on sat) is open until 10pm this eve.
LWaB View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LWaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2021 at 8:49am
Life has just got in the way of me racing Saturday but Sunday is still on.
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2021 at 10:00pm
Okay, I've uploaded the timing data for Stourport to the usual place:

The timing system performed very well (the Stourport circuit is challenging, as we have to limit the RF power so as not to pick up riders on the other side of the track).  Taking the time to actually test suspected dodgy tags paid off.  The only queries I have are:

David L'Hostis's first three laps in the first race are extrapolated.  Missed reads, or did he have a very slow first lap for some reason?  Similarly, Shaun Pallister's laps 6 and 8, and Geoff Bird's lap 2 (which all look like missed reads).

Geoff also has an extrapolated lap 4 in the second race, which again looks like a missed read.

Also, at least one person wanted a class change, can you let me know the details before I generate the points tables?

Quibble away...

Edited by Kim - 31 July 2021 at 10:00pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2021 at 10:19pm
Many thanks Kim,
David stopped with a mechanical problem just after the start and took a while to get going again.

david.lhostis View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.lhostis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2021 at 11:04pm
Yes, it took me ages to fix the issue and start for real, so it is normal my first lap is really slow
http://ccgi.lhostis.plus.com/sport.php Optima baron XLow + M5 Sandwich fairing
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2021 at 11:16pm
Okay, I've fixed that.
Woolly Hat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 8:58am
Thanks to al the organisers for a great day on Saturday. Really enjoyed learning a new track and finding the right lines through the hairpins. Alas, it was puncture time again on lap 11 of the first fast race so really must find out why they keep happening and prevent it. Never had a puncture on this bike before this year and now it's 3 in the last 2 races. Will be looking to cure this before Darley Moor.

Is there any prize for Most Spectacular Racing Dismount? Dougie Tullet certainly deserves it for his almost accident in the first race. He handled that moment brilliantly, managing to avoid impacting parked bikes and spectators and landing on his feet while learning that trikes don't steer well at speed on only 2 wheels. 

If anyone has any photos of Number 77 on track before the flat, I'd be most grateful if you could share them. Many thanks and see you at the next one.

Colin
Ross Low Racer 77 and coming soon Radicality 0.9!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Woolly Hat Woolly Hat wrote:

Will be looking to cure this before Darley Moor.

You should be ok at Darley Moor - I've nearly run out of drawing pins now... Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic