BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Round 1: Hillingdon, Sunday 16th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 12:22pm
Hi, very much looking forward to the race on Sunday - it will be my first on a recumbent.

Would someone be kind enough to let me know when the event starts please?
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 4:19pm
I would hazard a guess at being there about 10ish for sign in, preparation, chatting and pre-race wee then first race at 11am.

In saying that I used to get there about 9am and I still wasn't first.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 4:28pm
Basically what Yanto said above. 
We are relying on somebody from the cycle club unlocking for us this time, but we'll certainly be in by 10am.
First race will be at about 11am.
Note that the parking area nearest to the track will be reserved for handcyclists.

Edited by AlanGoodman - 11 May 2021 at 8:32pm

MattH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MattH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:47pm
Thanks to everyone for putting this on, a good first event for me.

In case anyone is interested, here's the slightly wobbly finish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpvR6ow6pQ
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:03pm
Thanks Matt,
I’ll share it to the Facebook group. :)

legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:18pm
Me photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_larrington/sets/72157719198981226

Al (or anyone else): feel free to bung the link on Farcebok.

Edited by legs_larry - 16 May 2021 at 5:19pm
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
flyinerin View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:41pm
Hi everyone, just got back home from the race, we had an excellent time it was fab meeting everyone.

It seems I have mislaid the headrest cushion for my bike. If anyone happened to see it in the carpark or something it would be lovely to be reunited!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by flyinerin flyinerin wrote:

Hi everyone, just got back home from the race, we had an excellent time it was fab meeting everyone.

It seems I have mislaid the headrest cushion for my bike. If anyone happened to see it in the carpark or something it would be lovely to be reunited!

There were a couple of items of lost property - please see the post and comments on the Facebook Group.
Melvyn found it and Lee Wakefield is bringing it to Preston I think...

flyinerin View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Originally posted by flyinerin flyinerin wrote:

There were a couple of items of lost property - please see the post and comments on the Facebook Group.
Melvyn found it and Lee Wakefield is bringing it to Preston I think...

Ah wonderful news, we were parked infront of Lee so that would make sense! I'm afraid I'm not on Facebook, would it be possible to pass my email address on to Lee please (aeryn31@googlemail.com)?

I'm not going to be able to make it to preston but I'll gladly pay post an packing if they'd be so kind as to mail it to me.
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by MattH MattH wrote:

Thanks to everyone for putting this on, a good first event for me.

In case anyone is interested, here's the slightly wobbly finish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpvR6ow6pQ

Some mighty impressive bike handling skills there from Liam!

Thanks to all the organisers, a very enjoyable day...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic