BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Topic ClosedHillingdon Entries Open!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hillingdon Entries Open!!!
    Posted: 13 April 2021 at 4:51pm
Registration for Hillingdon is now open via the online shop!
You will need to be a BHPC Member and signed in to the shop to see this. There are a limited number of places so we are offering entry to members first. If places remain available we will open it up to non-members nearer to the event.
Membership is also available via the shop and gives you reduced race fees as well as 4 issues of our club magazine per year!

https://shop.bhpc.org.uk/bhpc-race-sign-on

Edited by Andrew S - 15 April 2021 at 10:39pm
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 5:37pm
Entered, thanks Alan! Looking forward to it already...
The online entry & payment system worked nice n smoothly, just don't forget to click 'Confirm' at the end.
Russ
LWaB View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 9:18am
That link leads to “page not found” despite being logged into the shop. What am I doing wrong?

Just assume that I am stupid and hadn’t renewed my membership.

Edited by LWaB - 14 April 2021 at 9:25am
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 10:05am
You need to be a member and logged in to the shop.
All seems ok from here.

tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 8:38pm
I have tried the link and it says "page not found".

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by tincanracer tincanracer wrote:

I have tried the link and it says "page not found".

I see that you've managed to book, but in case anyone else has the same problem: You need to be logged into the shop as a paid-up BHPC member to see the booking page.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 10:41pm
I've fixed the link above so that it no longer goes to 'Page not Found'. However you will still need to be signed in to the shop as a BHPC member to see the Hillingdon sign-on form.
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 11:38pm
Anyway, I've got 40 lines in my sign-on spreadsheet (add a few to allow for tandems and pedal car teams) already.  Looks like it's going to be a popular event...

Edited by Kim - 15 April 2021 at 11:39pm
JohnnyAppleby View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:14am
Hi Kim, My boy Johnny Appleby Jnr & Myself John Appleby Snr are returning members & will require new race numbers because we have been away from BHPC racing for over 12 months, could you please advise what numbers we can have so I can get our number boards made, cheers 👍
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 2:53pm
Short answer:  Yes, when I get round to processing all the sign-ons.

Long answer: One of the things we discovered with doing online sign-on for the first time last year was that everyone wants to know their race number as soon as they sign up.  Unfortunately, the nature of the BHPC software is that there's a single canonical list in a spreadsheet, and to allocate race numbers I have to dig out the timing system laptop, plug it in, boot it up, wait for the spreadsheet to load, make the relevant changes, and then put it all away again.

With the large numbers of new and returning riders we've had, dealing with queries individually became seriously time consuming, so we decided from Gravesend onwards that I was only going to do number allocation as a batch job, along with entering the race details into the timing software and writing all the new timing tags, after registration closes (which in this case may be some time ahead of the race).

In practical terms, you'll still get a couple of days notice, rather than the 30 minutes or so you'd have had with in-person sign-on, and being able to have the software side set up and tested in advance has made things run a lot more smoothly on race day.

(In principle, it would be nice to be able to make this sign-on process fully automated.  It's the stuff that Andrew and I were looking into before COVID-19 forced the issue.  The current shop sign-on just creates a list which then has to be manually entered into the existing sign-on system, which provides a valuable opportunity to sort out mistakes like people entering their car's registration number instead of the name of their bike, muddling up the racing classes, or typoing their name.  That stuff's much easier to fix *before* the race, so I'm wary of too much automation.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic