BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Munzo TT where is it now ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 7:57am
Beware GD has changed it quite a lot, I would argue not for better (aesthetically), although I believe he's improved the tilt locking capability which is a good thing, it's also quite a heavy beast.
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 3:26pm
Hi both

So had lot's of questions , however found all the answers in this review by Nick the original owner.

Sadly not really what I want.

regards Paul
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 1:54pm
DM sent..... I still have the original hamsters. but for what I used it for on the open road superman worked a treat.
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 3:07pm
Graydog

Thanks for getting back to me and the offer...

However having read Nick's review especially :-

Would I ride it on the road? Not without a few further changes. I suspect that the disc rear wheels, which make a satisfying rumble on the race track, would make an annoying racket on any road less smooth than the world's finest fietspad. More importantly, there are only 8 gears, and with all that gubbins it is not a light machine, so hills would be a chore. It prefers flatlands. And it needs a second brake to be legal on UK roads.

It sounds unsuitable for me as i live in a hilly area and only want to ride it on roads and paths and would never take it racing.

Anyway good luck selling it , I suspect it is certainly interesting enough to appeal to someone.

regards Paul

Edited by stormbird - 09 February 2021 at 3:08pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by stormbird stormbird wrote:

Graydog

And it needs a second brake to be legal on UK roads.

No it doesn't:
"If the highest part of the 'seating area' of a bicycle or tricycle cannot be raised above 635mm from the road surface, the minimum requirement falls to just one efficient braking system"

graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2021 at 2:13pm

you live in a hilly area.....I live in North Wales and it goes up and down those hills just fine

(there are only 8 gears, and with all that gubbins it is not a light machine, so hills would be a chore. It prefers flatlands.)

----. ok I fitted a wide ratio block but still ride the single front ring. now 9pd

uprated the calliper to a TRP and not had any problems stopping.
as Alan says totally legal with one break due to the low seat hight.

(I suspect that the disc rear wheels, which make a satisfying rumble on the race track, would make an annoying racket on any road less smooth than the world's finest fLatspad)

---air shock fitted and it is a smooth as with the correct pressure.

TBF NM report was right and as a race ride it rolls.... but most race bikes dot make road bikes.

I get it is not for everyone. Its there if the right person wants it..... no hurry to sell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic