BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Sachs/Sram 3x7 hub nice if it was in 20" wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sachs/Sram 3x7 hub nice if it was in 20" wheel
    Posted: 14 March 2020 at 1:52pm
Hi all

Anyone have a working Sachs/Sram 3x7 hub preferably in a 20" wheel but loose or different wheel size considered ?

No problem if it does not have the shifter's or spokes/rim need attention etc as long as the hub is sound.

regards Paul 
Velocio View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velocio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2020 at 9:23am
Paul - I think I have one of these, a hub that isn't built in to a wheel.  No shifter, rest of it may be there.  I'll have a look in the bike shed (aka the spare bedroom).  Does this forum have a private message function?  If you send me your address I could post it.  Other question would be what price you have in mind?

Dave
Velocio
Philip S View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philip S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 7:18pm
Did this get sorted?
Funnily enough, that is exactly what I need as my 3x7 hub has lost the ability to change the hub gear.
Many thanks
Philip
Velocio View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velocio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 10:09am
Phillip - yes, I had a spare hub which I've sent to Stormbird.
Velocio
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 10:11pm
Hi there

Hub still hear , no progress made in lacing it into a wheel I am afraid.

I though these hub's were considered bomb proof and only failures were from the cables ?

regards Paul
Philip S View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philip S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 1:47pm
They may be bombproof, but I lost the toggle chain, and none of the bike shops I have tried seem able to reconnect it. I am sure it is the right part as I have bought two identical parts from different sources.
Best wishes with your wheel!
Philip
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 10:06pm
Hi there

Did you buy Sachs/Sram chains ? and have not been sold Sturmey Archer chains ?

Paul
Philip S View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philip S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2020 at 2:52pm
That was my first mistake but I am pretty sure that these are Sachs/SRAm - they certainly aren't the same as Sturmey Archer.
Thanks for the thought!
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2020 at 3:30pm
Philip

Ok couple questions ?

What do you mean by lost ?

Is it possible it snapped leaving some of the thread in the change rod threaded hole ?

Do you want to send me one of your chains so I can try it in my 2 hubs ?

I will send it back.

How far are you from Mansfield ?

regards Paul
Philip S View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philip S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2020 at 10:20pm
Paul
I hadn't thought of that, but I suspect you are right, because I can't locate a hole when I poke around with a spoke.  The hub is now with another bike shop and I am encouraging them to dismantle it.
Thank you for the offer anyway.
Best wishes
Philip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic