BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2019 Round 10: Gravesend, Sunday 22nd Sept

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 8:23pm
My GPS was 54 laps in 2:05:01 behind Liam and David. While 2 x 45 would probably be better for me it was a 2 hour race so if we can recreate the results then that would be best.
johnlucian View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 9:17pm
My GPS show that I have done 52 laps in around 2:06. I was 2 laps down on David, Liam and Neil F. I was ahead of Tim Parker with about 1.5 laps, who was followed by Kim few laps behind and further behind by Colin). 
I believe we have the correct order for top 10 at least (Steve, Lee, David 54 Laps, Liam 54 laps, Neil F 54 Laps, John 52 Laps, Tim 51 Laps, Kim 45 Laps, Colin Rose. With a little effort, we could get the laps count of rest of the riders at least where it counts for the results. So I believe we can have correct timing and results for the full 2 hours.
John Lucian
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 10:04pm
I have 58 laps according to Strava data.
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2019 at 10:55pm
This is good, keep it coming...

Yes, I have the finish order and stopwatch times for all riders.

If we can get lap counts for most of the riders (or at least those who really care about results) we can probably extrapolate reasonable values for the other riders from the data we do have.

Edited by kim - 23 September 2019 at 11:31pm
hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 10:00am
22 laps for me
never stop it hurts less in the end
tim.p View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 4:03pm
From my data it looks like I did 50 laps, but it also looks like John finished just after I did, which would explain why he is two laps despite only lapping me once (can finish times confirm this?).

Also I found a Strava replay of several people's races if that is of interest.

more speed!
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by tim.p tim.p wrote:

From my data it looks like I did 50 laps, but it also looks like John finished just after I did, which would explain why he is two laps despite only lapping me once (can finish times confirm this?).

I have you finishing at 2:05:17.86, then me, Colin Rose, William Tulett, and John Lucian at 2:05:58.02. So not 'just after', but certainly catching up. (The lap times we have for you and John Lucian were mostly of the order of 2:20-2:30.)

(And because this race fails the cycling Bechdel-Wallace test[1], it's probably worth clarifying that John Williams DNFed at some point after manual lap counting began.)

[1] "Are there more women than people called John?"

Edited by kim - 24 September 2019 at 5:38pm
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 10:04pm
I've made a spreadsheet to estimate the number of laps based on the average lap time from the various data we do have. The estimates are all roughly 1.5-3 laps higher than the GPS values posted so far, which is probably good enough for a realistic finish order (estimated lap counts in brackets):

Steve Slade     (64.56)
Lee Wakefield     58
David L’Hostis     54
Liam Goodman     54
Neil Fleming     54
John Lucian     52
Tim Parker     50
Kim Wall     45
Colin Rose     (41.72)
Don Shekley     (35.96)
Joseph Sparey-Taylor     (34.23)
Issac Sparey-Taylor     (34.18)
Graham Sparey-Taylor     (34.18)
William Tulett     (19.27)
John Williams     DNF
Neil Hood     DNF

I think the only real ambiguity there is whether Don Shekley was ahead of the Sparey-Taylor peloton?

Edited by kim - 24 September 2019 at 10:25pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 10:07pm
That looks pretty good to me and the Sparey-Taylors will only be interested in Junior points so Don's position won't really be an issue...

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2019 at 12:35pm
Okay, I've rounded the estimates down to be consistent with the GPS-derived lap counts, and sent them along with the finish times to Chris H to work his magic on...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic