BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Nazca Fuego for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Wh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nazca Fuego for sale
    Posted: 28 August 2019 at 10:05am
Hi,

I am selling my Nazca Fuego

It is a midnight blue medium frame with the following components

Large Carbon fibre seat with ventisit seat and ice head rest
Adjustable tiller steering, with tilt for getting on and off, foam grips.
Rohloff Quick Release 14 speed Speed Hub, chain tensioner, with rohloff twist shifter
Alfine 45t front chain ring with guard
172.5mm cranks with Shimano SPD pedals
Boom with derailleur post should you wish to convert to derailleur
Coil suspension
Rear seat mounted rack
Fairly new Marathon Green guard 559 x 40 , 406 x 40 tyres
32 spoke wheels
SKS full length mudguards, front and back
SON Deluxe Dynamo Hub
Edelux front light, mounted on boom
Rear Son dynamo light mounted on rack
Kickstand
Avid BB7 cable disc brakes front and back, 160mm rotors

I have had the bike from new, from Laidback cycles, and it has had three slow speed falls (when I weas first learning) in that time. Minor scuffing on carbon fibre seat trim; paintwork pristine. Rohloff oil changed as per schedule, an easy operation.

I also have some Radical Design banana racer bags, and a 7 litre rack pack for the rack that I can include for a suitable offer.

It's a great bike for a first recumbent, and easy to ride once you learn to relax your upper body! Super stable at speed, and no twitchiness, easy to get feet down. Find yourself in the wrong gear at the bottom of a hill, no problem with the Rohloff.

I am 1.80m with inside leg of about 33" , bike should fit anyone from 5'6" to 6'2" if you are wondering whether it'll fit you.  

Looking for £2,500 but as always any sensible offer considered.

Can't add pictures yet , as far as I can see. Will do as soon as I have permission.

Phil Wh View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Wh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2019 at 10:12am
oh, and Hertfordshire based
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2019 at 10:14am
You should be able to add pictures now - All new users are automatically moderated as we have had issues with spam in the past unfortunately.

Phil Wh View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Wh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2019 at 2:06pm
Pictures. Bell and mirror included, but not GPS and its mount.

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2019 at 9:23pm
Nice bike Phil, you might also like to put it on the BHPC Facebook page for an increase in viewing numbers?

Also with the state of the £ it might be worthwhile advertising on Ligfiets or the German recumbent forums. 

Edited by Yanto - 02 September 2019 at 9:25pm
Philip S View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philip S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2019 at 9:31pm
I'm definitely interested but I'm 6' 4"so not sure it will fit me - I'm near Watford - what part of Herts are you in?
Best wishes
Philip 

Edited by Philip S - 02 September 2019 at 9:31pm
Phil Wh View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Wh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2019 at 10:16am
I have sent you a PM.  You are welcome to come and try for size.  The large carbon fibre seat will be fine I'd imagine but the medium frame may be a bit short for you.  Will really depend on how much of your height is your legs and how much is torso, and therefore how much the boom needs to (and can) come out.

In theory the frame is for 1.60cm to 1.85cm but David Gardiner of Laid Back bikes, who is 1.90 reckons he's fine on the medium frame.

Edited by Phil Wh - 03 September 2019 at 10:23am
Phil Wh View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Wh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

Also with the state of the £ it might be worthwhile advertising on Ligfiets or the German recumbent forums. 

Good idea, the state of the pound has to be good for something!

Do you have links for any suitable German forums I can join and post it on?  Sure I'll find the dutch one via a search.

Edited by Phil Wh - 03 September 2019 at 10:38am
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2019 at 7:14pm
https://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/index.php?forums/liegeraeder.13/

As normal you will have to join the forum to be able to post, adding photos is a pain!
Phil Wh View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Wh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2019 at 4:32pm
Thanks for that, will see if I can get registered.

Edited by Phil Wh - 05 September 2019 at 4:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic