BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2019 Round 6: Redbridge, Sunday 14th July

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Round 6: Redbridge, Sunday 14th July
    Posted: 24 June 2019 at 4:47pm
This is the place for discussion of Round 6 of the 2019 BHPC Championship at Redbridge Cycle Centre (Hog Hill) on Sunday 14th July.
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 10:26pm
Race details for Redbridge on Sunday 14th July

Sign-on starts 10:00

Racing starts 11:00

RACE FORMATS:

FAST RACE    30 min +1 lap
SLOW RACE   30 min +1 lap

then

FAST RACE    20 min +1 lap
SLOW RACE   20 min +1 lap

then

FAST RACE    10 min +1 lap
SLOW RACE   10 min +1 lap

WEATHER FORMAT
Absolutely glorious and no wind

Can we please have some volunteers to help with organising??

antonin_d View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonin_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2019 at 3:06pm
Hi Chris,

I would be happy to help with organising, I am hoping to arrive before 10am. (Happy to take on a role that is incompatible with racing by the way).

Looking forward to see you all! :)
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2019 at 3:12pm
Brilliant!

Thanks Antonin! Much appreciated.

The only roles that are incompatible with racing are:

1. Being ill/injured
2. Not having access to a bike you can ride (and/or a crash helmet)
3. Not being there

So you'll definitely be able to race as well!
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2019 at 10:13pm
Hey Antonin

That wasn't you racing the peloton in the TdF stage 4 was it? Lots of circumstantial evidence:

Red Quest with white stripes at the front
Going Fast
In France

Gary Solomon of the LaidBackBikeReport wants to interview the velo pilot.
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by atlas_shrugged atlas_shrugged wrote:

Gary Solomon of the LaidBackBikeReport wants to interview the velo pilot.

Seems to have found him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5AwcupSpw
antonin_d View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonin_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 4:40pm
Sorry for not being able to make it! My rear suspension broke in Redhill and it took me ages to fix it with what I had, so I would not have made it before 11am, I went back directly to Oxford. I hope the race went well!

It's great to get velomobiles on screen, I wish I had participated in that :) Is the original footage online somewhere?

Edited by antonin_d - 14 July 2019 at 4:50pm
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 8:37am
Many thanks to everybody for an excellent day. Brilliant to see the Lotus bikes, full size trikes, and juniors racing.

Sympathies to Antonin for the mechanical. I had a derailleur go into my spokes after changing down on an uphill hairpin. John kindly lent me his bike for the next race and that was so good I want one.
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by antonin_d antonin_d wrote:

Sorry for not being able to make it! My rear suspension broke in Redhill and it took me ages to fix it with what I had, so I would not have made it before 11am, I went back directly to Oxford. I hope the race went well!

No worries Antonin. Hope you got back home OK? We though you might have been delayed by overly numb toes, but luckily it was just a mechanical mechanical rather than a biological one Smile

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 9:33pm
Thanks to everyone who turned up to Redbridge for a brilliant days racing. And thanks to all of the organisers (which was effectively everyone on this occasion as we were using the old school carbon based lap counting (ie. manual tallying system). Special thanks to Jonathan Woolrich, Shawn Ballantine and Slash for seamlessly taking on the stopwatchery, pairing up tally-counters with pen, paper & riders to watch, when I was rushing to jump back in Neil Hood's Evo K velomobile which he let me race on the day. Was great to see many of the old familiars as well as some of the new familiars (ie. the lotus bike peleton) and also a few new visitors who cam along to find out a bit more about HPVs and what we do (hopefully we'll see you again!). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic