BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Non-racing Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

The York Rally - 22nd/23rd June

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The York Rally - 22nd/23rd June
    Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:31pm
Hi All,
Just a quick check to see who we have going along to the York Rally. We will hopefully have a stand as usual where we will accost passers-by and batter them with a copy of The Laidback Cyclist until they agree to sign a membership form...

There will of course also be a BHPC race event at the York circuit and velodrome on the Sunday.
I am proposing a new race class for machines purchased at the York Rally auction on Saturday for a maximum of £50...

Edited by AlanGoodman - 19 May 2019 at 5:56pm

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:58pm
I'll be there.
antonin_d View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonin_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:47pm
Interesting, I did not know about it! They have a race on a grass track, that sounds pretty slippy.

I intend to cycle to the York race, which is going to take my Saturday already. By the way, if a volunteer is still needed for this race, I would be happy to help, although I do not exactly know what it involves. I will not be able to carry much in the Quest of course, but I should be able to man things for the entire Sunday, for instance.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by antonin_d antonin_d wrote:

if a volunteer is still needed for this race, I would be happy to help

Many thanks Antonin!

hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 9:45am
Hi everyone
There is a possibility I won’t be coming to York , I have all the timing gear and the club Marquee , I know it’s very late in the day but my mum is very ill in hospital I it’s looking like I need to go down this weekend so all up in the air , if anyone from London can manage to pick up the club kit just in standby that would be great
never stop it hurts less in the end
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 11:59am
Very best wishes to you and your Mum Neil!
Don't worry Mate - just get down there. We will manage without the kit if necessary!

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2019 at 12:28pm
Sadly not looking like I'm going to get to York now either.

strunkovice View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strunkovice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2019 at 3:49pm
As will I, so happy to man the stand as required.
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 11:21am
Hi folks here are the photo's copy any you want.
cheers.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic