BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2019 Round 3: Preston, Saturday 1st June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Round 3: Preston, Saturday 1st June
    Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:19pm
Just planning travel and accommodation for these events. I notice the start time for knowsley is 9:00. Does anyone have any more details for the time schedule for these events? Thanks, lee.
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:36pm
There is more info if you scroll down a bit on page 2 of the events calendar thread:

http://forum.bhpc.org.uk/events-calendar_topic6815_page2.html

Jochen
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:50pm
Please note that as far as I know there is no organiser for Preston yet.
Barney has volunteered to do Knowsley

Traditionally organisers pick the formats but for this year Chris set them all out so that everybody knows what to expect.

From Chris's post...

Saturday 1st June 

UCLan Sports Arena, Preston

12-5pm

1 lap time trial

45 min +1 lap

15 min +1 lap

Sunday 2nd June 

Knowsley Velodrome, Liverpool

10-3pm

7 min +1 lap

40 min +1 lap

Devil take the hindmost

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 5:05pm
I've just booked myself a pitch at a campsite near Maghull.

(https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/merseyside/maghull/hiddencornercamping/)

The proprietor informs me that Liverpool FC will be having an important match on the Saturday night, so expect accommodation in the area to get booked up by sportsball fans.
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:22pm
Why have you booked so far North Kim? Looks miles away from Preston even. Good if we ever do the Darlington time trial again though.

All the best.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 08 May 2019 at 9:24pm
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:04pm
Erm, because it's between Preston and Knowsley, and fairly close to Knowsley (important given the early start). It's also one of the few sites in the area that appears to have showers.

I'm not sure where you're getting Darlington from?

Edited by kim - 08 May 2019 at 10:09pm
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 11:13pm
Sorry Kim. Don't know what happened with the first search. Went to the same web site but location was showing as being way north of where the map shows it is showing it now. Now it makes sense. Looks like my camper van will be in the workshop though. Otherwise ideal for me.

All the best.

Roy
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by kim kim wrote:

I've just booked myself a pitch at a campsite near Maghull.

(https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/merseyside/maghull/hiddencornercamping/)

The proprietor informs me that Liverpool FC will be having an important match on the Saturday night, so expect accommodation in the area to get booked up by sportsball fans.

Is that site Camping and Caravaning club members only?

It's very small, and only 1 shower and 1 toilet!
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:06pm
Ah, hadn't spotted it was toilet singular, but that's not uncommon on Certified Sites, as they're so small and the caravanists tend to use their own facilities anyway.

Yes, it'll be members-only, and yes membership of the Club is poor value unless you're regularly camping with a family unit, or active within a Section. (It's a point of some contention that the ALC struggles to recruit cyclists/backpackers because the discounts don't justify the Club membership fee.)

Edited by kim - 13 May 2019 at 8:09pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:48am
Do we have an organiser for Preston yet??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic