BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2019 Round 2: Hillingdon Sun 5th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Round 2: Hillingdon Sun 5th May
    Posted: 24 April 2019 at 10:25pm
This is the place for discussion about Round-2 of the BHPC championship race season at Hillingdon Cycle Circuit in the village of London on Sun 5th May.

Sign-on starts at 10:00
Racing commences at 11:00

Race Formats:
Slow Race: 30min + 1 lap (anticlockwise)
Fast Race: 30min + 1 lap (anticlockwise)

Slow Race: 30min + 1 lap (clockwise)
Fast Race: 30min + 1 lap (clockwise)

Alan Goodman has agreed to help with Organising, but if there is at least one other person who could offer to help then that would be greatly appreciated (note helping with organising doesn't mean you can't race...)

Note: This has now become round-2 (rather than round-3) of the 2019 BHPC championships season due to the double booking at Bath. I'm currently working on securing 12th race venue/date which will be spliced into the calendar later in the year...….
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2019 at 8:46am
I will be there with the first aid kit. As this will be my last race until Hillingdon in October (unless the "missing" race fits in my overcrowded calendar) so could someone please take it to the other summer meetings?

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2019 at 11:08am
Yes indeed - The next opportunity to blat your steed around a nice, smooth, traffic-free bit of tarmac will be at Hillingdon on the 5th May... As always we will be taking membership renewals at sign-on but it's always busy so you can save us all time by getting your membership sorted online first. Members race for just £7 - Non-members are always welcome to take part of course at a cost of £10. Please check the rules if you haven't raced before - Basically wear a helmet and cover any pointy, sticky-out bits. No motorbikes.

russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:13pm
Apologies all I won't be able to make it down to Hillingdon on Sunday - my daughter Amelia (11) landed on her knee awkwardly in her gymnastics class and is now in Tameside hospital getting a type III tibial spinal fracture fixed (basically a ligament has pulled a piece of bone off the top of the tibia). Whilst she's quite exited about getting some titianium pins and being part cyborg, its also wiping us out as a family and some things are having to give.
It's a shame as I was really looking forward to racing at the superb Hillingdon circuit again. There's a chance that the other LSBU Battle Mountain rider Noah will be there so please make him feel welcome :)
Russ
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:41pm
Hope Amelia gets well soon, sorry you won't be able to make to Hillingdon Russ I'm sure you will be missed by the faster riders, and the slower ones as well.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:50pm
Really sorry to hear that! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:23am
I won't be there either as I will be having a lie in after a long day completing a 400km audax on Saturday.

blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 5:58pm
Good luck with that Ian, I would need an emergency bed after 400k 😁.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Mike Axon View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Axon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:10pm
Hi

May I take part in the event on Sunday 5th with my velomobile, on the basis that I'm a complete novice to racing?

I see that there are two types of racing, slow and fast.  Please forgive what may be a daft question, but what does that mean?  Is it as simple as slower people in one race, and faster in the other? Looking at what your members do (400km rides) I'd be very happy in the 'slow' race! 

Many thanks

Mike
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:16pm
Hi Mike,
You'll be more than welcome!!
Yep, it's just that - We split the field into two groups as there is a huge difference in speed between our slower and faster riders and we like to keep juniors bimbling around at 10MPH away from the streamliners and velomobiles that may well be doing 40+ in places...

Which velomobile do you have and what sort of average speed do you think you're likely to do?
Generally velomobiles would go in the faster race but nothing is set in stone...

Edited by AlanGoodman - 03 May 2019 at 8:17pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic