BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2019 DERBY VELODROME, Saturday 23rd March

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strunkovice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 6:23pm
Wouldn't mind if we could having the dates so far decided for 2019 as i would like to try and do as many races as possible but I am needing to make commitments to other things.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 6:28pm
Chris (our Competition Secretary) is working on the race calendar - it should appear on the main website very soon.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 6:28pm
Just 8 places left for Derby now! 

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 8:21pm
The e-timing results for Derby are now available on the BHPC website:
The first 2mins 43.84secs of the first (slower) race weren't recorded as I didn't hear the coach's whistle (when you get to my age, young man...). Hence the lap counts and average speeds are slightly lower then they should be, although the finish times and positions are right. Or no more wrong than usual Embarrassed.
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 9:23pm
An amazing day again at Derby, absolutely loved it, and not just 'cause I was very kindly lent a Lotus 110 to play on for a few laps after we'd finished racing.  Many thanks to all who helped to organise, time, take photos etc once again. 

I thought I'd done enough to beat Jochen in the second race - I wonder if he pulled a lap early on without me realising or was this just a quirk of where we were as the race started and finished?

Youtube video here of part of the second fast race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJrcVglJKY

Russ

farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 9:30pm
I think you are right Russel, you were in front.

Jochen
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 9:34pm
I've just watched the timing playback (with #'s 13 and 66 highlighted) and you did steadily pull a lap on me in the first 40 laps of the second race, fair play, hadn't spotted that...
Russ
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 9:40pm
Oh, interesting, thanks.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 9:44pm
It was very tricky keeping track of who was in front for ringing the bell etc! Especially in the slower races.

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2019 at 5:54pm
I also attempted to shoot some video, phone camera isn't really up to the job, but it's better than the mess it made of the stills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2YIlyIy-M
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic