BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Stolen HP Velotechnic Grasshopper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen HP Velotechnic Grasshopper
    Posted: 07 October 2018 at 6:06pm
I received this as secretary. Im will pass any replies on, the pictures didn't come through to me;

My lovely recumbent bicycle was stolen today in Sheffield City Centre. It was seen about an hour later being ridden in the Burngreave area by a young man aged about 20.

It's a very distinctive bike, an HP Velotechnic Grasshopper.

It could appear for sale anywhere I guess, some idiot might ride it around or might be dumped in the city since it would be hard to sell. Any sightings very gratefully received.

It's non-standard bright yellow with no branding as it was repainted by the dealer (thanks Ben at Kinetics). The only label is a small copper 'Kinetics Glasgow' badge on the top tube. Grasshoppers have two 20" wheels, full suspension and a folding joint in the middle.

It has Rohloff gears, underseat steering and a single prop stand attached to the chainstay quite far back, not the normal prop stand mounting point in use in one of these photos. It has a black cantilever luggage rack and an adjustable hard seat.

It has some yellow reflective/fluorescent tape on the seat back, rear mudguard and on the strapless toeclips

Sorry the pics are partly obscured by luggage, I seem to only photograph it on tour. But if you see one you'll know what it is, the extra detail is for reliable identification.

As you can imagine I'm absolutely gutted and it was own stupid fault. I'm thinking it may have been amateurs since I can't imagine a professional bike thief having a market for one, but most amateurs would fall off if they tried to ride it. Oh well. If somebody spots it I'll be grateful and If anyone helps me get it back I'll be forever in their debt.

Chris Rust

Laid Back in Spirit
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 8:13pm
I'll share this to Facebook - Can you send the pictures to me please Stuart? 

tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 9:51pm
Sorry Alan, the photos were not attached to the email sent to me.

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2018 at 9:55pm
No worries...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic