BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 11: Stourport, Sunday 23rd Sept

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 8:46am
Hi folks
the penultimate race of the season and the weather forcast was fire and brimstone two weather warnings etc but in the end it turned out not too bad and only rained heavy on the last fast race LOL, sorry folks, there were a few mechanicals during the day slash fell over twice on starting due to things not working and someone had a chain come off and lock and a broken bottom bracket but all in all a good days racing thanks to Heather who at one time had many hats to wear as she was ringing the bell writing down the numbers and waving the flag as well until someone stepped in to help so well done there, the main highlight of the day was the long awaited appearance of the brand new Geoff Bird Vulcan velomobile designed and built from the ground up by the man himself what a beautifull machine with its flowing lines low profile and dark mysterious look fantastic and well worth the wait Clap, due to the tight nature of the track at Stourport I am sure Geoff was showing some restraint this being the first time out but fabulous to see so look out London all being well it will be at Hillingdon, as for the racing a few hairy moments on the hairpin and the cut through in the first race too but managed to stay up and no injuries, also on that note and in the old addage when you wait for a bus nothing comes then three come at once the place was crawling with emergency services personel who were attending a real world major incident training event at a nearby school so if you had fallen off in the car park there was no shortage of first aiders on the other hand if it had occured in the afternoon forget it Stuart would have patched you up and you would have to make your own way to the hospital, so here are a few photo's mainly of the fast races copy any you want cheers.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 4:45pm
Hi Andrew,

Could you have a look at my laps for the first race please? After the race instead of continuing to the cut through I waited until everyone had finihed and walked back along the start line so may have triggered an extra lap after the race. Should be obvious as being a much faster lap. Shouldn't change much else such as my position in the race etc.

Thanks

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
david.lhostis View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote david.lhostis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 9:36pm
In the second race, I have got missing laps: I arrived right before Nataniael Olson. It was not a great day for me as I fell off in the hair pin in the first race. Also in the second race, the bikes turned into bumper cars in the other hair pin. I am not sure how I managed to stay upright and rolled onto the grass as the rear wheel quick release was released by the shock...
http://ccgi.lhostis.plus.com/sport.php Optima baron XLow + M5 Sandwich fairing
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 11:05am
Tell you how cold it was on Sunday. I had a small chip on my cars windscreen and the overnight frost in Stourport it turned into a 600 mm crack.Shocked

Roy
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2018 at 10:11pm
The final results for Stourport and the updated Championship Tables are now available on the BHPC website.

Changes since Sunday:
  • Joe Parker's results have been found! Turns out he was still wearing his WC2018 tags so once the all-seeing timing system was told he was really no 553, not 101, it admitted he was there all along.
  • David L'Hostis has another three laps in the second race.
  • The e-timing results now show the proper circuit, with the cutthrough, for the first races.
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 8:49am
Hi Andrew
just a quick one, I'm still in the same place in the first race yet my mph has gone down and also in the second race too admittedly I have dropped a place in the second race now you have found Joe's results so maybe that accounts for the drop in the second race not sure.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 11:28am
I think the lap distances have changed (got shorter), perhaps because of more accurate GPS data? Thanks for sorting this Andrew and thanks for the photos Jeff.

Edited by GeoffBird - 26 September 2018 at 11:31am
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 11:37am
Geoff's right: I replaced the nominal lap lengths supplied by Stourport with accurate figures from GPS, in both the timing data and the results tables.

Of course the speeds will only be accurate if you were following the perfect racing line, i.e that followed by me (or Roy Macdonald for the short circuit).
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 5:50pm
Thanks for that Geoff and Andrew that explains it then, cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic