BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 11: Stourport, Sunday 23rd Sept

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 Round 11: Stourport, Sunday 23rd Sept
    Posted: 05 September 2018 at 8:27am

This is the place for discussion about the 11th round of the 2018 BHPC races on the cycle circuit at Stourport Sports, Club, DY13 8BQ:  

http://stourportsportsclub.co.uk/index.php?page=cycle-track

Sign on starts at 10:00.  Races will begin at 11:00

Heather Fortnum has agreed to organise this one, but any offers of assistance would be greatly appreciated.

HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 5:50pm
Format for Round 11 at Stourport.

10.00 am:  sign-on starts (or whenever I get there if there are traffic holdups)
10.50 am: sign-on closes
11.15 am: Slower race, 20 mins + 1 lap, clockwise using the cut through to make a shorter 1km track
11.55 am: faster race, as above
12.55 am: Slower race, 40 mins + 1 lap, anti-clockwise using the whole 1.4 km track
13.55 am: faster race, as above

We have the track booked until 3.00pm so we will need to keep to time but, having said that, all times are subject to change on the day!

Heather
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 7:51pm
Shocked

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2018 at 8:24pm
The BBC weather forecast made it look like there would be a typhoon over Stourport. The wind speeds look OK though on that forecast.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 21 September 2018 at 8:26pm
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 9:08am
Hi folks
thoughts on tomorrows race it now looks like rain is mainly in the morning, I will check later so is it a go and how many are interested in going, I'm up for it if its not raining all day as that might be dangerous and miserable and I can be miserable at home and stay dry.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 12:48pm
I will be there Jeff, I don't think we have ever raced at Stourport when ther hasn't been a shower at some point in the day. I just plan to take several changes of clothing, at least they have good changing rooms and showers there, and you can get a cup of tea to warm up.

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 2:28pm
We will be there to organise it and we will take account of the weather to make the races as safe as possible.

Heather and Andrew
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 4:18pm
The forecast is now for dry between 10 and 6 but keeps chamging. I suggest the fast riders go first to blast any standing water off the track!
Laid Back in Spirit
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 8:36pm
Irritatingly, I injured my ankle this morning (stumbled on a crammed-into-a-strangers-armpit level of overcrowded train while wearing cycling shoes). Not seriously, I hope, but it's a little swollen and hurts to pedal with any real force. Given that, potential issues with driving, and the high chance of miserable/dangerous weather anyway, I'm going to skip this one. Annoying, because it's practically local, and I'd managed to persuade my partner to come and watch.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to Hillingdon.

Edited by kim - 22 September 2018 at 8:37pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 8:37pm
The forecast looks better every time I look at it... Not looking like it's going to be too bad at all now.

Edited by AlanGoodman - 22 September 2018 at 8:37pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic