BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Pashley PDQ Wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IC7 Male Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pashley PDQ Wanted
    Posted: 27 August 2018 at 2:57pm
Or similar.  Ideally pretty cheap.  Had an Orbit Crystal before - loved it but found it not robust enough (managed to bend the rear stays), also owned a Challenge Hurricane for a while but it was not quite right for the narrow lanes round me (too low, too expensive!).  PDQ looks to be about right for my needs unless anyone has any other suggestions.  I'm off the usual bikes for a while following a spinal op (L5/S1 discectomy and decompression).  I don't mind projects, I do a lot of bike maintenance and repairs.
Thanks for any sugestions,
Gordon.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 9:47pm
A Kingcycle is a better bike and they often come up for sale...

Edited by AlanGoodman - 19 September 2018 at 9:47pm

IC7 Male View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IC7 Male Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 8:26am
Thanks Alan,

I always liked the look of the Kingcycle - not unlike the Ross in general layout.  But they always seemed to be rather outside of my budget - Maybe things have changed?
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 8:28am
Keep an eye on Ebay/Gumtree etc - Without fairings they usually go for £300 - £400 these days.

NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 7:33am
Hallo Gordon...

If you are still looking, my medium-size Kingcycle needs a new home because I have a vision problem. It's a nice example, with the fork modified to use a 406 (20") wheel rather than the odd French size which is the main drawback of the Kingcycle. It has its tailbox - a Kingcycle isn't really a Kingcycle without one!

I'm in Shrewsbury if you would like a test ride. Your legs would need to be no longer than mine - my saddle height on an upright is 74cm, bottom bracket centre to saddle top. Drop me a line on
np underscore marshall at yahoo dot co dot uk
if you are interested.

Nick Marshall
Paul Lowing View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Lowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 12:09pm
I used to ride a Speed Ross (Orbit Crystal was basically a copy) and as the roads where I lived got more potholed I started to get blowouts and buckled wheels.

I tried a PDQ for a while but didn't really get on with it - Didn't like the steering set up and it felt stodgy and sluggish compared to the Ross.

I still have a Tour Easy for sale - an older one - going cheap.  (See the For Sale post).  The Windwrap fairing no longer available however.

Although not so fashionable these days the Tour Easy does had the advantage of being easy to ride and the lower pedals make stopping and starting a doddle.  It is also surprisingly light.

A rather different machine from the Ross but might be worth a look.  I'm based in South Yorkshire.  Drop me a pm if you are interested.
REd View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2018 at 5:42pm
If you'd like another Orbit Crystal, then ill-health and lack of garage space forces the sale of mine. 
Not sure what would be a reasonable price? Any offers? It's in pretty good condition, but hasn't been ridden for few years now.
Let me know if you're interested and I'll send full details.
Haven't advertised it anywhere yet.
Richard, Skipton, North Yorks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic