BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

M5 M-Racer For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
james1945 View Drop Down
Visitor (occasional)
Visitor (occasional)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M5 M-Racer For Sale
    Posted: 21 November 2018 at 11:30am
Ps. Sorry to hear that you broke your pelvis. The elbow was a real nuisance but not anywhere near as bad as a pelvic break. Hope you are on the mend
james1945 View Drop Down
Visitor (occasional)
Visitor (occasional)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 11:27am
Hi Dave thanks for your reply. I will post or pm some photos of the trike to you ASAP and take it from there.
Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 8:49am
James,

yes, still for sale.  I'd rather go with a straight sale if possible, if you are interested?

Can you either post or pm me some pics of your trike and then we can go from there?

I can sympathise with the broken elbow, I'm nursing a fractured pelvis at the moment.

Cheers
Dave
james1945 View Drop Down
Visitor (occasional)
Visitor (occasional)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 5:37pm
Is the m5 m racer still for sale. You mention a possible exchange for a trike. I have a AZUB T Tris26 folding trike that I bought new via laid back bikes in Edinburgh in September 2017 that I have hardly used. I bought it when I was recovering from a broken elbow and unable to ride a two wheel machine, but recovered more quickly than expected and so it remained unused. It has been in my garage apart from a few trips out in dry weather ever since so it is in pretty well perfect condition. It may not be what you have in mind, but possibly worth considering. I live near Beverley in Yorkshire. Anyway let me know if you have any interest in a possible exchange of some sort.
Jim
Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2018 at 9:58am
Price drop £1750 ONO
Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 8:38am
Bump, still here, will take £1850 cash, or swap for a suitable ICE trike.

Pic below.  End of the week it goes on e-bay as I want to get it shifted

Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 5:10pm
Decided to sell my M-5 MRacer, as it's been languishing in the shed since I built my Cruzbike S40, just doesn't suit the riding i want to be doing.

I self built this to a decent spec in July 2016, importing the frame. 

Frame - Standard seat with ICE headrest, carbon fork, standard steerer and tiller, carbon rear mudguard, in black.

Based around a mix of MTB and road components

BB                     SRAM GXP

Crankset            SRAM Apex Black 50/34, 175mm reduced to 160 by Mike Burrows

Front mech        ultegra 6700 double

Casette              SXT 11-40, 11sp

rear mech          XT to go with shifters

Shifters              XTF&R (front is triple, but shifts the road double no probs)

Chains               SRAM 11 sp

Brakes               BB7 Road S - Also have spare discs

Brake levers      Ultegra R780

Rear Wheel Exal LX17, with Conti GP4 Seasons 700C

Front, 26" Mavic rim, Marathon tyre

I'm running it with an elevated chain line at the front to allow better steering clearance, but also have the double idler for below the seat. 

About 2000km on it, never dropped at speed, just a few fail to unclip when coming to a halt (if you're quick you can get a hand down). 

I also have a brand new Ventisit comfort cushion to throw in, still got the tags on it.

Built for £2,300 Looking for £ 1,950, or would swap for a good condition ICE Trike with 26" or 700C rear wheel and fold.

Will add some photos later, but in VGC also going to put on YACF.

Edited by Elydave - 30 June 2018 at 5:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic