BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2018 Round 8: York Sport Village, Sunday 24th June
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 8: York Sport Village, Sunday 24th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

I counted on Strava and it is showing 45 laps not 44. Still does not affect the result.
You may be counting a warm-down lap? According to the tag data (which I do have for you, contrary to what I thought) Tim Parker took the flag at 20:30.88; your next crossing was lap 44 at 20:52.66.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by russellbridge russellbridge wrote:

In the first race I was about 10 seconds behind David (closing fast thanks to a tow from Jochen - 1 more lap and I'd have had him, honest...), and I had 1 lap and a bit on Mike. I'll upload to Strava now and verify.
Russ

Yep, Strava recons 38:15 and 24 laps for me...
Doh - I was just getting out the beer and settling down for a nice evening of watching recumbent racing. Now I'll have to watch footie instead Cry.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 10:59pm
If anyone is missing a rather nice Camelbak Podium Chill water bottle after York, we have it.
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

I counted on Strava and it is showing 45 laps not 44. Still does not affect the result.
You may be counting a warm-down lap? According to the tag data (which I do have for you, contrary to what I thought) Tim Parker took the flag at 20:30.88; your next crossing was lap 44 at 20:52.66.

Total distance 11.28 km. = 45 laps at 250 m per lap. I pressed the stop button as I crossed the line which is the 0.3 km extra distance I have being the amount I traveled as I reached and pressed the button. I did it as I got the chequered flag. Any chance the system missed a lap? I was the most accurate with the button I've ever been thanks to Alan's super fast start. The Garmin was not recording after the chequered flag. 

All the best.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 25 June 2018 at 11:22pm
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2018 at 11:53pm
Thanks everyone for a great days racing at York Yesterday. To Ian Squires and Jeff James for organisery, and Andrew & Heather for al the additional support with timing systems and trackside logistics. Any thoughts on the pros/cons of the 50/50 split between the race track in the morn and adjacent velodrome in the afternoon (as well as scheduling it on the same weekend as the York Cycle Rally). I'm interested to hear any feedback (either post here or PM me).
Arellcat View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Arellcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 12:12am
Hi all, since I was a spectator for all but three or four weeny laps at the end of the session, here's a whole bunch of photographs from round 1 race 1, round 1 race 2, round 2 race 2, and just a few from round 3 race 1.  For race 1 on the velodrome I was busy eating a panini in the cafe.  Geoff, you're welcome to use any of the pics for the magazine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/beqi/albums/72157697881124074

Thanks to Shawn and Kim for making me give my Quest what-for on the banking. Smile

Edited by Arellcat - 26 June 2018 at 12:14am
carbon Quest, Lightning P-38, RANS Sequoia, Kona Sutra, Orange Five, Elephant Bike, Brompton, Stumpjumper
Woolly Hat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 8:43am
Had a great time at York this weekend. Thanks to all the organisers for a superb day and also to Jeff and @Arellcat for sharing your photos.

Had no end of trouble trying to find a decent line through the hairpin without slowing too much which will probably necessitate a return visit for more practicing :-)

First go on a velodrome and what fun that was! Particularly the flying lap!
Ross Low Racer 77 and coming soon Radicality 0.9!
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Arellcat Arellcat wrote:

Hi all, since I was a spectator for all but three or four weeny laps at the end of the session, here's a whole bunch of photographs from round 1 race 1, round 1 race 2, round 2 race 2, and just a few from round 3 race 1.  For race 1 on the velodrome I was busy eating a panini in the cafe.  Geoff, you're welcome to use any of the pics for the magazine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/beqi/albums/72157697881124074

Thanks to Shawn and Kim for making me give my Quest what-for on the banking. Smile

Thanks. Great Photos.

All the best.

Roy
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:13am

Great photo's Becky thanks for sharing.

Edited by blogwat - 26 June 2018 at 5:32pm
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

Actually Andrew I'm wondering if it's possible to create an extra (unnecessary) lap by travelling slightly above the white line for 44 laps on a small velodrome. Just odd that the distance is exactly 1 lap.

Thanks very much for finding my timings. I was a bit puzzled when you said I wasn't registering and then I wondered what would happen at the Worlds if I wasn't being detected.

All the best.

Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic