BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 5: Redbridge, Sunday 13th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 Round 5: Redbridge, Sunday 13th May
    Posted: 25 April 2018 at 9:12pm
This is the place for discussion about the 5th round of the 2018 BHPC races on the cycle circuits at Redbridge Cycling Centre (née Hog Hill), about 3 miles nside the north easterly reaches of the M25 in London.

First and foremost can we please have some volunteers to help organise (and decide on race formats that suit them best)!

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 9:16pm
and before anybody asks, we have only got the lower circuit booked so NO HILL and no need to pad out velomobiles with helium balloons nor for swapping massive chainrings for tiny cassette rings (and vice versa)...   :) :)
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:11pm
We still need some volunteers to help organise at Redbridge on Sun 13th May.  Any takers?????
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:11pm
Does anyone have any preferences for possible race formats/durations at Redbridge on Sun 13th May??
ShawnB View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 7:16am
I'm guessing we'll be knackered from racing at Betteshanger on Saturday... how about something modest like 40mins one way and 30mins the other?
Ride on!
ShawnB View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 12:56pm
I appear to have sprained my ankle in my recent fall on my Rat9.. not a drastic sprain but enough that I'm icing it etc. If I'm not fit to race by the weekend I'll be happy to chip in organising.
Ride on!
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 12:17am
thanks Shawn.

Do we have anyone else who can help??
Most of the work is just helping with sign on, choosing race formats, and helping make a note of the finishing orders/times and typing the numbers onto the computer at the end.

Helping out doesn't mean you can't also race. IN fact there have been times in the past where race organisers have actually raced and won in their race classes (that may have been helped by the race organisers privilege of being able to choose race formats that best suit their own leg, lungs and bike..
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:30pm
We will need to use stopwatches for recording the race times due to the lack of electricity at trackside - unless anyone can bring a generator and fuel. So we will need a lot of people helping out with timing

Thanks

Heather
hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 8:45pm
I can bring a generator and it’s ok for laptops
never stop it hurts less in the end
hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 9:47pm
Or just park near the track and use converter in camper , think there’s enough battery backup :)
never stop it hurts less in the end
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic