BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 4: Betteshanger, Saturday 12th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:15pm
I did register as FF :)

M
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by lohezm lohezm wrote:

I did register as FF :)
I was entirely my fault as I signed you on and added the extra classes. However as a techie to the core it comes as second nature to try and shift the blame (after turning it off and back on again of course).
JDub View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 12:48pm
Should I have done something about the parking? I just got a bill for £50!
jdub... Got the T-shirt
http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/Protobikes/library
http://protobikes.org.uk/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150386999@N02/

lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 2:20pm
Yes I completely forgot - luckily I got someone still on site to pay for me.

Has this been clarified for campers yet how they get their parking taken off - how is it going to work? 

M
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 3:28pm
Yes you need to pay Betteshanger parking unless you want to have a fine.

The site uses ANPR (number plate recognition) cameras and the terms and conditions are clearly stated on the planet Alpha-Centuri in Hebrew size 8 font. And yes the government will hand over your personal details (for a fee) to every extorter tom dick and harry.

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 4:47pm
If you go to Betteshanger Country Park/ Plan your visit/ Admission and Parking it says quite clearly in bold black letters this size, There is an admission charge of £3 per vehicle 

And underneath...You can pay at any time during your visit or online at www.parkwithease.co.uk up to 48 hours after your visit.

Before you leave, enter your full registration number at the pay kiosk and your fee will be shown on the screen. Our machines take cards and coins.

Your admission fee is valid for one visit only. If you leave and enter the Park again within the same day, you are required to pay admission for each visit.

If you’re a Betteshanger Member, you do not need to enter your registration details. You can come and go as you please.

Where payment is not made or membership details have not been submitted 48 hours after your visit, the relevant tariff shall be £50 and shall be due at that point. This is to be paid within 28 days but will be reduced to £25 if paid within 14 days. The car park system is operated on behalf of Betteshanger Park by Park With Ease Limited.

Any profits made from admission/car parking (not including fines) and membership go straight back into looking after Betteshanger. So every time you visit you know you are helping to look after the Park, preserve its heritage and promote a sustainable future.

That seems pretty clear to me. You can pay in advance on that page if you wish. http://www.betteshanger-park.co.uk/plan-your-visit/admission/  Note the fine is halved if you pay it within 14 days.

There is no other charge for using the track on an individual basis. Seems a good deal to me and even better if you take out membership (£40) when parking is then free.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 05 June 2018 at 4:50pm
Neil F View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 6:54pm
I just got a parking notice as well. I left the car park before the free 15 miins was up and parked trackside. I thought that this was all arranged with the track.

Do the race organisers have any insight into this?

Thanks
Neil
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 8:13pm
Once the ANPR camera snaps you then you are on an automated conveyor belt. Until the system sees money then it just racks up the charges and the threats, eventually they send professional thugs round to kick your door down and steal goods from your home. The DVLA gives out the address. I bitterly oppose this type of system.
I had no problems with the old barrier system. But that was the time when they had proper knives and forks and plates in the café.

Neil F View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 9:06pm
If that's the case its the last time I will set foot in Bettleshanger!

Clearly the ANPR cameras are at the front gate rather than at the carpark, so those of us whop went trackside and didn't pay (because we werent in the carpark!) are all going to get letters. Very unhappy!
DavidKK View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DavidKK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 10:01pm
Don't know anything about the parking but here are some photos

David K
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic