BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Home found thanks! Velovision, RCN, Bike etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Noreversegear View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreversegear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home found thanks! Velovision, RCN, Bike etc.
    Posted: 22 April 2018 at 11:38am
PM sent.

RAVEN View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 10:40pm
Pm Sent

Tony
Oscar
Blue Meanie Folder
Festina Low Racer
Leaper Notso
Davies Trike

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 6:41pm
Many thanks - PM sent.

Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreversegear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2018 at 7:50pm
Alan I'd be really happy if the BHPC library could take them.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find Tony's contact details.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2018 at 6:37pm
Or possibly the BHPC Library? 
Tony Shingler is our new Librarian. 

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2018 at 6:29pm
That is such a precious collection that it deserves to go to the National Cycling Archive at Warwick University.
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noreversegear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 3:43pm
A fairly large collection of magazines all stored in WH Smith magazine binders, so in great condition. Some have content which may have interest for BHPC members and/or recumbent enthusiasts.

Velovision - issues 1 to 52 (entire print run of the original and second incarnations, I think) in 5 binders.

Recumbent Cyclist News - issues 31 (early '96) to 80 (early '04) in 4 binders.

Bike Culture - issues 1 to 20 (issue 3 includes Encycleopedia 94/95) in 2 binders.

Bycycle - issues 1 to 12 (entire print run? Early '98 to late '00) in 1 binder.

New Cyclist - issues 4 (winter '88), 7 to 12, 15 to 40 in 3 binders.

Cycling Plus - issues 1 to 30 (minus issue 25, which seems to have gone AWOL) in 3 binders.

As a bonus (?), I also have three VHS video tapes - Encycleopedias 4, 1995, and 99.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to attempt to sell these items, so I am offering them almost free to good homes. Almost? Well if you offer me a few quid for each title, then I will pass on the cash in the form of a donation to the BHPC.

There are a couple of catches. Firstly you can't have the magazines before 27 March at the earliest. Secondly, they are collection only from south London and they are HEAVY: a car is most likely required to collect if you want all or most of the titles.

Edited by Noreversegear - 17 March 2018 at 11:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic