BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Ice trike adventure for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ice trike adventure for sale
    Posted: 04 February 2018 at 8:26pm

Hi

I have an Ice Trike Adventure RS, which has only been ridden a handful of times, for sale.

Tetra Hydraulic disc brakes (front wheels)

FB seat bracket (for taller riders)

Easy adjust for front boom (to manage chain length)

Neck rest

all included on the trike as well as ICE flag and mirror which haven't even been unwrapped yet!

Also come with three Schwalbe Mad Mike tires, offering a bit more grip which I intended to use off road.

Check the Ice website which shows the trike folding much better than my attempt!!!

http://www.icetrikes.co.uk/products/adventure

Reason for sale?

I bought the trike after sustaining an incomplete spinal cord injury and hoped it would be a good way to get back to cycling.  While the seat is substantially more comfortable than an upright bike, and much better for my back, I simply don't have the power in my weak legs to make the most of it.

Asking £2250.

Based in Nottingham, I'm down at the water-sports centre most days which is a good spot for a test ride if interested.

uploads/2833/IMG_4085.jpg

Edited by big_jonny - 04 February 2018 at 9:09pm
squeaker View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 8:48pm
E-assist? More cash but might make all the difference?

Good luck with your recovery, whatever.

PS: saying which part of the country you are in might help ;)
big_jonny View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 9:07pm
Thanks for that squeaker.  
I think I deleted where I am trying to put the pictures on!!!

Based in Nottingham, down at the waterspouts centre most days which could be a good spot for a test ride.

I have my eye on an ebike, but I'm keen to get back on two wheels rather than add to the trike!

Jonny
evenbad View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evenbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 8:08am
Has trike been sold or still for sale
big_jonny View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2018 at 8:53pm
Hi evenbad

Trike is still for sale.

Sorry about the delay, i missed the notifications coming in!
Bleebo001 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bleebo001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2018 at 11:14am
Interested in your ICE.

Couple  of questions if I may.
Could you post some pictures please.
What are the gears ....how many rings on front and make of chainset.  
Rear gears make and type - derailleur/hub/make.
What are the shifters make and where are they.
Confirm it is rear suspension only.
Pedals?
Does it have a chain guard.

Cheers

big_jonny View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2018 at 1:06pm
Hi Bleebo001

Thanks for the interest, I'm afraid I wasn't able to upload any pictures on here but if you'd like to send me your email in a private message I can send them that way, or any other suggestion. 

As for the other points it has three rings on the front and 8 rings at the back with the SRAM x7 derailleur.
SRAM Gripshift shifters
Rear suspension only with the Red insert
Shimano spd pedals
Yes to chain guard!

I'll send through the pictures which might help paint a clearer picture.
Any other questions feel free to contact me.

Jonny
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2018 at 1:56pm
You should be able to post pictures here now - I think it was just when you first registered and were a "morerated" user that you couldn't...

big_jonny View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big_jonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2018 at 4:55pm
Bleebo001 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bleebo001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2018 at 2:48pm
Cheers Jonny.....
A couple more questions etc which may help myself and/or others....
Didn't see the ICE chain ring guard, is this not fitted?
Brakes I was looking for Sturmey Archer drums as they are lower maintenance or AVID disks, not sure how good the Tektros are but reading up on them. Can you confirm what type of Tektos they are (?Aurigas)
 I prefer bar end shifters as I find the twist grips interfere with controlling steering etc but i'm not sure I can convert. I need to look into this.
What make is the front ring and rear derraileur?
What is the make and type of brake on the back.

Cheers

Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic