BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Kingcycle with fairings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tenlegbeezer View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenlegbeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingcycle with fairings
    Posted: 05 January 2018 at 5:26pm
yes I noticed that when I looked at the pics, looks bad. Actually it is a poor job I made of putting rust proof primer on a rust run. It is not a crack. I have some pics I can send you of both sides of both the drop outs I just took with wheel removed so you can see the there is no equivalent mark on the other side. I think the rust must have got under the paint work and run along the weld, but I don't even know if that is the weld point. The paint work is showing its age. It does need a bit of care to ensure the continued integrity of the tubes.
tenlegbeezer
Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 4:35pm
Hi, i've seen that one online and I was wondering about the picture showing the rear drop out and deraillieur, there appears to be soem damage - can you explain/clarify this?
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 9:01pm
Thumbs Up

Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenlegbeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 11:18am
Hi Alan, yes we met once on road. Will be sorry to see this go, was such fun commuting to work but has not been out of garage much since I retired. I tend to ride short journeys now and often, with care, on tow path. Not the place for a feet first with so many pedestrians about!
tenlegbeezer
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 11:12am
I've shared your Ebay listing to the Facebook group. 
I'm just up the road in Hemel and my brother actually lives in Abbots so there are a few Kingycles around locally. :o)

Edited by AlanGoodman - 03 January 2018 at 11:12am

Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenlegbeezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 10:04am
Hi folk I am reluctantly selling my faired kingcycle if anyone is interested. It is listed on ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292391660565?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic