BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > World Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

World Championships 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

i bet they'll charge a lot more for going to east Kent, also hog roasts can be a bit hit n miss with regards to quality and quantity and also catering for vegatarians/vegans can be a bit dubious. 

I also think that if catering is going to be provided it has to be a multi-day provision so pasta and different sauces, plus continental breakfasts will be required, there is normally a nominal charge made for food taken, paid in advance.

Betteschanger isn't that far from Rye and they've travelled further. Never heard any complaints on quality. Obviously if you don't eat meat it won't be of interest. I had sushi and mackerel myself being pescatarian and having a friend with a fishing boat. 

I was thinking more a one off than multi day catering. With the exchange rate food will seem cheap to overseas participants though.

Roy
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2017 at 6:37am
i bet they'll charge a lot more for going to east Kent, also hog roasts can be a bit hit n miss with regards to quality and quantity and also catering for vegatarians/vegans can be a bit dubious. 

I also think that if catering is going to be provided it has to be a multi-day provision so pasta and different sauces, plus continental breakfasts will be required, there is normally a nominal charge made for food taken, paid in advance.
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 9:12pm
I don't know if a Hog Roast is of interest, but there is a café at Rye Harbour (Bosun's Bite) that all the cyclists go to when they are doing the cycle paths across the nature reserve and it does Hog Roasts for £600. Includes the hog and buns salad etc. and two people to roast the beast. We had one here last summer and it easily did for around a hundred people.

Roy
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 4:39pm
Hi Marc

We are hoping that this new visitor centre will be open for the WC2018. Probably we are at the mercy of the builders with this. Will keep everybody updated about this.

Regards

Brian.

marc View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 2:05pm
Hello,

it might be a bit early to ask this, but I've seen pictures of the brand new visitor centre at the Betteshanger park. Will we have access to this (toilets, showers, meals or even accommodation) during the event in July?

Looking forward to riding again on this nice track!

Cheers
Marc
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 8:47pm
Hi Theo

That looks a great suggestion. We will look at this idea. I am not sure about boats though as we may have enough work with just the HPVs!

The Betteshanger race track is lovely. Well worth a visit and the county of Kent is known as the Garden of England.

I would give my Eye teeth to be able to ride Elviestretto.

Regards

Brian.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 23 October 2017 at 8:51pm
TheoS View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 5:22pm
Looks like a nice place with lots of water. Will you have HPB events?

I know it's probably academic, because gNick told me that it is very difficult to get the council to close a road even only for an hour or two, but in case you can, there seems to be a nice stretch for a 200 m speed event with 500 m run-up just up the deal road, which can be detoured by motorists and also allows racers to go back t the start via Worth:

http://www.whpva.org/data/ElevationProfiles/Deal-0.7km.png

This conforms very nicely to the new WHPVA "pure human power" rule if it is accepted. This shows that in spite of the short run-up quite attractive speeds (for the spectatirs) up to 90 km/h are achievable, a simulation of an Elviestretto with a 1000 W rider:

http://www.whpva.org/data/VelocipedioData-Results/Various/Elvie1000WDeal.png

Cheers, Theo in Switzerland
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 4:48pm
The 2018 HPV World Championships will be held at Betteshanger Park, near to Deal in Kent on the weekend of 13/14/15 July 2018

This topic is for discussion of all matters relating to the event.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic