BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Wanted: Challenge Hurricane Headrest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: Challenge Hurricane Headrest
    Posted: 16 October 2017 at 3:56pm
I'm trying to find a headrest for my old-style Challenge Hurricane (the one with the big hole in the seat where the headrest ought to fit). Elan Recumbents have one in their shop in Nijmegen but it's a long way to go and I'm having problems getting one online. Anybody out there have one they want to sell?
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:38pm
Hi Coco -

Can you post a pic so I can check if what I have is what you want? I can't find one on the Elan/Challenge site.

Coco View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:52pm
Hi there. This is the fella

http://www.challengebikes.com/pdfs/manuals/headrest-aluminium.pdf
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 2:25pm
Ah, no sorry: mine is the Optima version. You presumably need the very specific mounting brackets for the Challenge seat.

Sorry I couldn't help. Bikefix in London are still Challenge dealers - they don't list the headrest on their website but may be able to get it for you.
Coco View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 3:38pm
Thanks for looking all the same Andrew. I've managed to make contact with Hans at Elan and he's going to post one out. Why they put a big hole in the seat right there is beyond me. I can't see what purpose it serves other than to stop me fitting a standard headrest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic