BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 10: Darley Moor, Sunday 20th August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 7:38pm
I thought clockwise was the "normal" direction going by the way the "timing hut" is designed and the signage etc?
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Neil F View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 7:59pm
Just look who is No 2: a certain Ken Buckley.

We will just have to get Ken out on a "real" bike - rather than those sticky things he normally rides and see what he can do!
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 8:10pm
I think Ken's time was set on a recumbent (M5?) when he took part in the BHPC race there...

speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 8:27pm
That's great, although it seems the slippery winner hasn't Strava'd. Also, it was mine anyway from last year at 2.50.
Great day thanks again to those who put in the work to make it so smooth. Although folding the crazy tent should be made an event on its own.

Also, it must be noted that I posted that time with a very hurty bottom (gluteus maximus, nothing sinister), which lifts it from decent to pretty impressive in my book. I did get much much slower during the race as well

Edited by speedy381 - 20 August 2017 at 8:33pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 8:48pm
The results from the e-timing system are now available on the website:
www.bhpc.org.uk/Data/Sites/1/media/events/events17/10darleymoor/index.html
For the record Slash's best lap in the first race was 2:39.59, only 1/100th second faster than Ian's (2:39.60). In the second race Slash's best lap was 2:44.31 compared to Ian's 2:46.66 (don't know where Strava get their 2:45 from...).
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 9:30pm
Don't seem to be working for me, just getting 404s
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 9:31pm
I'm 107th, behind Sam Relton and above Karl Sparenburg, me thinks my GPS device is telling porkies, taking 3 min 27 sec Wacko
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by LeeW LeeW wrote:

Don't seem to be working for me, just getting 404s
Lee - Try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page. The folder name was changed (from 09darleymoor to 10darleymoor) and this can confuse some browsers if they have previously accessed it under the original name.

If that still doesn't work just go to the website home page, browse to Results> 2017 and click on the little radio icon under 'Round 10: Darley Moor'.

Edited by Andrew S - 21 August 2017 at 9:29am
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 9:20am
i'm getting the same 404, just cleared everything (i think) and no change, hyperlink points to results but when i click on them i get a 404.

Ian - (computer illiterate idiot!)
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 9:39am
Ah-h-h-h, right! That's now fixed so it should work OK after a reload. [Thanks for the extra info Ian!]

The evil 'blank space' bug was to blame: if the filename created by the race software contaiins a space (Darley<space>Moor in this case) it gets converted to a dash by the website software when it's uploaded. Hence the links on the 'index' page no longer work.

Note to Comp Sec: please don't book any circuits with names longer than one word.
Note to Self: check the b***** stuff first.

Edited by Andrew S - 21 August 2017 at 9:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic