BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Catrike 700 recumbent trike - Now SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catrike 700 recumbent trike - Now SOLD
    Posted: 18 June 2017 at 4:33pm

Now listed on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Catrike-700-recumbent-trike-in-Hyper-Yellow/323352818958

This is the sports model from Catrike and is one of fastest production trikes in the world. Mine is the current frame model, the one which uses 20” front wheels and is a significant improvement over the older version with 16” wheels.  I bought it new Dec 2015 and used it for around 9 months, so maybe 900 miles on it. Extras include a 2nd mirror and the Catrike frame bags (only used twice) which fit in the space at the rear of the frame out of the wind. 

The spec is the same as current model apart from using an X9 SRAM 10-speed RD (now GX),  http://www.catrike.com/700

It’s in very very good condition. However the last 6 inches of the rear mudguard broke off due to the poorly designed stay attachments which cracked the guard but it’s still a serviceable guard. (Note no front guards were purchased.) The front Durano tyres failed (rusted beads, rather odd) and have been replaced with Marathon Racers but I have a pair of boxed unused folding Duranos if you’d prefer these fitted. It will be sold with a lightly used folding 28mm Durano on the rear wheel and with its original unused combi Shimano pedals (flats one side, SPDs t’other) . I will also include the original wrist rests and flag not shown, and front and rear reflectors, but the light attachments and bottle cage I added will be removed. The boom has plenty of extension available but you will probably need to fit a longer FD cable and gear casing if you have longer legs than my shortish 30” trouser leg length ones. I can sort this out for you if it’s a challenge.

Some photos here taken after I first got it up and running but I will get take some newer ones shortly, https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmuVLk0nWAz9nxj25nGEz98ZCe6X

These show a DIY black plastic throw over bag restraint on the drive side chain stay which I fitted to keep an over seat bag clear of the chain. This can easily be removed.

Catrike no longer have a UK dealer so a new trike would need to be a personal import. I estimate that with shipping, duties and VAT this would be around £3400 for the trike not including the frame bags. Price is a firm £2200. Delivery after payment is negotiable. Viewings welcomed.

Edited by PaulM - 30 July 2018 at 9:42pm
Paul
PaulM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 9:41pm

I gave the trike a careful check over today and took these pictures,

https://1drv.ms/a/s!AmuVLk0nWAz9gYolrUnrjD8uy-lZiQ

So time for a bit of hard selling. This is a truly phenomenal trike. The space vertebra frame and the internally braced boom ensure that power to the pedals gets transmitted to the rear wheel rather than being lost as heat in flexing the frame. And yet the long wheelbase and mesh seat provide passive suspension to keep the ride comfortable. Its 30 gears provide a gear range from 22 to 127 inches. This is the 4th trike I have owned and it’s significantly faster and more comfortable than the ICE Sprint 26 I previously had. The manufacturing quality is top notch, beautifully CNC machined rear drop outs and brake mounts, not to mention the Velocity A23 semi-aero rim on the 700 wheel.

An independent review can be found here:  http://www.bentrideronline.com/?p=8971

Paul
PaulM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2017 at 7:33am
Any offers?
Paul
PaulM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 10:10pm
Final offer, yours for £2100. You really would have to spend double to get something new which was in the same league as this.
Paul
andygardeneruk View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andygardeneruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 12:39pm
still for sale?
PaulM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 7:46am
Yes, still available. The price above doesn't include the Finer Recliner headrest I have just purchased for it.If you want that it's another £65. The Catrike headrest is included.
Paul
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andygardeneruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 11:04am
thanks for reply.
admittedly im completely new to recumbents but been a keen cyclist for years. ive never ridden one or even seen one on the road. i have developed pains in my arms from riding my road bike, so looking for an alternative. and they look alot of fun of course. :)

this model seems like on of the more exciting models of trike from what ive read, and at a good price considering the age and the new price. looks in good condition from the pics.

if i did buy it, it would need to be posted. not sure about security in that case, unless its listed on ebay or something. i live in the midlands and dont drive. possibly i could get a lift down from a neighbor to pick up. it probably would be a good idea to check it over before buying.

cheers
PaulM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 8:31pm
Probably best if we talk on the phone. I'll send you a private message. I can deliver but you should try before you buy. Worth you getting a cheap coach or train to take a look and to try it and a bike for comparison. I have a Rans Stratus XP which is a good bike for a bent novice.
Paul
PaulM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2017 at 5:50pm
Withdrawn from Sale for the moment. I decided I was enjoying riding it again too much after forking out for a Finer Recliner headrest and couldn't think of a better trike to replace it with.

Edited by PaulM - 17 September 2017 at 5:52pm
Paul
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andygardeneruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2017 at 9:17am
ok no problem. i dont blame you, it does look a lot of fun.

i really like the catrike 700. i get the impression its not popular with some around here, possibly too extreme. but i think what they are missing is 'thats the point' :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic