BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

First HPV Event - Any tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote currystomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First HPV Event - Any tips
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:09pm
Hi Folks 

I'm in the north of the UK and thinking about coming down to my first HPV event in York on the 23 of July. 

I know I need to add a chain guard to my Silivio Cruzbike to compete.

Hopeful I will have faired in the rear wheel using heat shrink film by then:-

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/heat-shrink-film-disc-wheels-for-max-performance.216809/

Do I need to register for the event or do I just turn up? Is there a preferred camp site for the night before??

Anything I've forgotten??

Cheers

Brian L

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:58pm
Hi Brian,

You will need to attach A5-sized numbers to your bike, at least one on the front and one on the side, but the front one is most important, so should be clearly visible.

No need to pre-register (you need to sign the entry list before the racing anyway). However, if you talk to Chris, our Competition Secretary, beforehand, he can probably get you put on the system and allocate you a race number. You will also be given timing tags on race day, which are usually stuck to both sides of your helmet.

As to camping, I have no idea, but someone may be along in a bit who does know.

Arm/elbow pads are quite a good idea too, to reduce grazing if you overdo it in the hairpin! 

Edited by GeoffBird - 18 May 2017 at 11:59pm
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
currystomper View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote currystomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:08am
Thanks, 

I didn't want to drive down the 200 miles and then find I had a machine that I couldn't race or that  I hadn't registered in time!

I'll have to think how I'm going to mount the front number - but it shouldn't cause to many problems

looking forward to having a blast on my recumbent!!

Cheers 

Brian L

Edited by currystomper - 19 May 2017 at 8:11am
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:10am
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

camped here before - it's basic, pub in village is good though, but it's wrong side of town if you are travelling from the north.

... But only a couple of miles off your probable route to the circuit if you're approaching York from the A1.
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic