BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 4 : Nelson, Sunday 14 May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:40am
Carol,

they have a car park on site, that is accessed via this route, so should be OK
Carol View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:49am
Thanks Chris!

Having once damaged our previous van at a narrow access at Hillingdon (before they improved it to the current quality) I tend to be a little concerned about such things :)

Westcountry Recumbents
http://www.wrhpv.com
Feet first on three wheels.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 7:04pm
Can we confirm that there are facilities (toilets) at Nelson please? Just read a review online that suggests that there may not be but that could be out of date?

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 7:29pm
Yes, there is a pavilion onsite with toilets and changing rooms

The review you read may have said there weren't as it's possible to book the track without requesting access to these facilities which are usually locked.

But your bladder need not fear as they have posted me a set of keys....
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 7:47pm
Many thanks!!
It looks like there are plenty of trees anyway... Big smile

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:47am
The points split for the Nelson races will be:-

70% for the 53 min race
30% for the 1 lap time trial

LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 7:21pm
Thanks for the great race and organizing it etc.
I appear to have lost my pump and on-the-bike toolkit though, did anyone see them left behind and pick them up?
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:35pm
Results for Nelson will take slightly longer than usual because the timing system was picking up two passes per lap for some people (the two halves of the track being very close near the start/finish area). This is going to take some hand-editing to sort out - please bear with me.

In future please remind me to place the antennas facing away from the return half of the track to avoid this sort of problem.

Many thanks to Anne Tweddle for operating the video camera once again so we have a complete record of the race, if required as a backup to the timing system.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:57pm
Tip: If you sit by the track wearing your helmet compete with timing tags you can appear to be in an exciting on-track battle... One of the most exciting races I've ever had... Big smile

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:48pm
Alan,

If its on the system, you should get 1000 points in deckchair class....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic