BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 2 : Redbridge Sunday 30th April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:38pm
Hi,
You can just turn up on the day and any human powered vehicle is welcome to take part but you must fit some sort of chainguard to protect others from the sticky-out bits at the front of your bike.
It doesn't have to look pretty, as long as it covers anything sharp.

You must wear a helmet and we always advise the use of elbow guards on two-wheel recumbents.

Racing costs £10 for non-members (£7 for members).

Have fun!!

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 12:42pm
Elbow guards are not compulsory but they are a very good idea.

The only other thing you need is some way to mount numbers on the front and sides of your bike (the front one can just be pinned to your shirt if you like).

You're Challenge machine will be fine for racing and could be very competitive in our "Sports" Class...

Edited by AlanGoodman - 25 April 2017 at 12:42pm

Max Id View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Id Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 1:22pm
Thanks for prompt reply. Will ask Bikefix if they can do something in three days.
Will the numbers be assigned after I arrive, so I have to stick them somehow, or this is something which I have to print at home?
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 1:22pm
Hi Max Id

We will look forward to meeting you at Redbridge. It is just as Alan has said. The race number normally gets allocated at the track so if you have some method of writing your number and attaching it to the bike. The chainring guard is just to protect others from pointy out bits.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 1:25pm
We can issue a number before if it makes things easier for you?

ShawnB View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShawnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 3:07pm
Max Id - whatever you do, come! Sign on is from 10am - 11am. Looking forward to meeting you there. Shawn
Ride on!
Max Id View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Id Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 3:21pm
Hi guys, thanks for such a warm welcome!
I'll do my best to prepare properly... Will take some duct tape to stick the numbers to my recumbent bag.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 3:23pm
Thumbs Up

Max Id View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Id Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 10:40am
Ok, just came back from Bikefix.... Not very encouraging news... Stuart told me they don't have anything suitable in stock, but he might get something compatible in two weeks from HP Velotechnik...
What this means in practice is that I will show up with a ram armed by a sticking sprocket ( three, to be precise ). However, because I physically can't go quickly, this should not be a major issue... Especially if I promise that the next time Stuart will manage to attach something Big smile
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 6:47pm
Hi Max,

Turn up with a soft plastic picnic plate, cable ties and a stanley knife and we can make something up. I had one on my Kingcycle for 4 years with no problems, not pretty but you can race.

Stuart (a different one) No 12
Laid Back in Spirit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic