BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

The York Rally 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The York Rally 2017
    Posted: 05 February 2017 at 5:27pm
Hi All,

For the past couple of years since the York rally was reborn BHPC have had a stand and it has attracted a lot of interest.

Unfortunately the organisers have moved the date this year (24th/25th June) so it now clashes with CycleVision and also the Shenington 24 Hour Pedal Car Race Disapprove

Sadly I will not be going to York this year...

Is anybody else going to York that would like to organise a BHPC stand?
Would anyone be willing to man the stand over the weekend?

speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 9:35pm
I am still debating the logistics of the wcs and cycle vision, but it is looking more likely now that I will not be going to cycle vision. If this is the case, I will be happy to man the stand, or even organise if need be.
A tentative step forward then.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 10:02pm
Thumbs Up

speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 10:03am
Ok,
I have spoken to a few people about this at Lee's birthday bash. Can I assume those that can come have it their diaries?
Anything interesting, racing or otherwise is welcome. Let me know by email what you are thinking of bringing and we can get a bigger space if necessary but it would be helpful to know beforehand.
Ian
Speedy381@gmail.com
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 10:58am
I will be coming along Friday / Saturday and bringing Magazines, Postcards, and SYWTB
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 8:55am
Hi Folks
here are a few photo's from the York rally, had a nice day and got to talk to lots of lovely people, some say they are coming to the york race either to spectate of maybe even have a go so result there, I did take the Atomic Zombie bike and did struggle to ride it its as dangerous as always and spent a lot of the time putting the chain back on but fun was had and I got a ride to the loo which made a change and a bat around the field on the tarmac track, so here is the link sorry there are not many but its the thought that counts.
Cheers.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 9:10am
Thanks Jeff, looks a bit quiet?
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 9:39am
The numbers at the show were down a bit (IMHO) but the enthusiasm was not. The BHPC stand was busy all day long on Saturday. I spoke to a nice lady called Denise who was very interested in all the bikes. She then mentioned that her mother was Beryl Burton. Tick tick tick went my small brain - "was she a famous cyclist" I said. Just a bit she replied. She mentioned her name was Denise and I gave her a free magazine with our race calendar inside and invited her to some of our outstanding races.

Lee's ride along the cycle path towards York had been well noted with quite a few folk coming up to the stand and mentioning that they had seen this rocket ship go by. Especially the cyclists that had been overtaken. This was a takeaway from Mannheim that the public get quite excited when they see these machines in action.

The double decker from Barnie was quite a draw. A fine addition to the lineup was Beckie's gleaming red Quest. We had a 4-wheel pedal car as well as Jeff's yellow dragster type bike.

One tip for the future may be to have some basic statistics on paper for each of the bikes on show. I remembered that Geoff's bike (Bream) still held the ladies 1 hour record but could not remember the speed (and I was asked about 5 times).

The two streamliners (Bream and Ristretto) were very popular with the youngsters but so were the velomobiles.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 25 June 2017 at 9:43am
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 7:11pm
Brian, Claire covered 32.524 miles (52.343 km) in an hour.
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 9:29am
Claire also held the UK 200m record in it at 39.27MPH, set at Bentwaters in 2008 but of course Yasmin went faster in Arion 2 last year at Battle Mountain.
Sad to have missed the York Rally this year... I really hope it moves back to it's usual slot a week earlier next year.

I'm hoping to have a look at Mildenhall this year instead...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic