BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

WINDCHEETAH KARL SPARENBURG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Nitram Nitram wrote:

I'm guessing all of this means it's unlikely that I'll ever get to see my Rat Racer SL again, which Karl has had for for ages to help him get the new models sorted.  I'll try and get in contact with him but it sounds like it's going to be difficult to get hold of him.

Shocked

That one requires a call to the police.

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:43pm

I'm guessing all of this means it's unlikely that I'll ever get to see my Rat Racer SL again, which Karl has had for for ages to help him get the new models sorted.  I'll try and get in contact with him but it sounds like it's going to be difficult to get hold of him.

As it belongs to you it still does in the eyes of the law and cannot be sold on or auctioned to anyone else but must be returned to you. I would contact the police officer mentioned earlier in the thread if I were you. Or go to the small claims court for an order to have it returned to you.

The company may not have any good will but the product does. There is still demand for the Windcheetah. The manufacturing rights must be worth something. It's still a great design.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 12 April 2018 at 9:43pm
Dragonfly View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 11:28pm

Contact Officer Craig McCabe at the Chorley Police Dept.  (You can even tell him I sent you!)  You probably also need to file a claim or contact Companies House to verify that your bike is there, along with description and photos as proof.  

Karl did respond to me and verify my FRO was there, so don't give up hope.  He was very cooperative with handing it over to my authorized personal representative.  Above all else, BE PERSISTENT!
RussAnton View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussAnton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:58am
Just heard from the Director NFIB, ".....we have not identified sufficient leads that would result in a successful criminal investigation.......".  And, so it ends.  Thank you all for your support and encouragement, for the efforts of those who tried to help.........  I firmly believe that you all, your forum, brought this miserable matter to the attention of Patrick at ICE and is the reason I have, and am enjoying immensely, my new VTX.  I am most grateful...... Nothing more to say except, happy riding.  Russ
Russ Anton
mark aldridge View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark aldridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:29pm
Hello Russ

Like you I have received the standard response.

The interesting thing is that there was an article in the last Saturday Times newspaper reporting that half the reports to Action Fraud are filtered out by an algorithm before a human has a chance to assess them. Anything below a £100,000 threshold is deemed not worthy of further investigation even when the fraudsters a identified.

I have scanned the article and if you PM your e-mail address I can forward it to you. It makes interesting reading.

Bye

Mark

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:15pm
Shocked Cry

So all we need to do is set up a company, take £99,000 worth of orders then go on a long holiday...

I like it.

D.TEK View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.TEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:24pm
What happens on the 3rd June 2018 ?
D.TEK HPVS purveyors of recumbent trikes and cycles
Dragonfly View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:08pm
You obtain rights and inventory of the company formerly known as Advanced Velo Design?    (please, please, please be true.)

Kevin, did you see my new topic in the wanted section inquiring about a rear seat brace casting? I racked up 450 lovely miles before an “issue” ground bliss to a halt.
D.TEK View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote D.TEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 1:07pm
I received an advice note from Companies House today .
It appears they have been unable to gain any response from KS
After two months notice now taken this action .
I wish Karl would make contact with me ...still might be able to save things !
19 Jun 2018 GAZ2 Final Gazette dissolved via compulsory strike-off
This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days.
D.TEK HPVS purveyors of recumbent trikes and cycles
trsnrtr View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsnrtr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 3:03am
So sad.  We have such a small community of enthusiasts and I've always had good dealings with everyone involved, both bent owners and bent companies.

I still can't believe someone took thousands of pounds/dollars from trusting people like myself.  In 15 years of dealing with recumbent companies and individuals, I never dreamed this would happen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic