BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

WINDCHEETAH KARL SPARENBURG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark McNeill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 7:40pm
Yes, I've filled out an ActionFraud claim.  No idea how long it'll be before we hear anything meaningful back.

I'm very happy to sing the praises of ICE, who've been really great: a very generous discount, an easy ordering process and a turnaround of just a few days.  A big cardboard box arrived about a fortnight ago... the day before I started a run of a dozen 12-hour days at work.  It's no fun having a new thing and no time to appreciate it: I'll be opening it as soon as I get some time at home in daylight.
Gromit View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gromit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by lohezm lohezm wrote:

Answers are coming.

On this forum?
On www.windcheetah.co.uk?
Via emails to the folks waiting for their machines?
In what time frame?  Hours, days, weeks or months?

Edited by Gromit - 11 December 2017 at 8:42pm
icde View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 8:58pm
I have filed a Fraud Action Line report. We will see what happens but like everyone else I do not anticipate getting anything back. Feel a bit of an idiot for getting into this position - have never paid up front for any amount of consequence before, but, I guess like the others, if you wanted a Windcheetah you had to take the risk.
On a positive note, have been in contact with ICE and can only repeat the praise of others.
Dragonfly View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 3:04am
Excellent questions, Gromit!

My count is that at least 6 individual claims have been submitted to ActionFraud.  Should any good news come to light (fingers crossed, but not betting the farm just yet), the submitted reports can be amended, if I'm not mistaken.

FWIW, there is one Windcheetah built by Karl that was delivered to Sledge on Bentrider.  It's #867.  My Hypersport is #814, which was built around 2006, I believe.  Sledge's order was placed in Oct. 2013 and he received it in mid-2015.  His WC has the new casting method and an 11 speed rear axle.  Sledge was not alarmed by the long wait time, as it was a new technique that Karl had been working to perfect.

Got my chair set up for those incoming "answers".............

Robin
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:20am
Any answers that really are available need to come very quickly and be accompanied by tricycles or refunds I would think...

RussAnton View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RussAnton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 1:43pm
Not sure if this has been brought up here before.  Has anyone contacted/informed Mike Burrows of this situation?  What would be the point?  Who knows what if anything might come from that revelation, but if nothing else, the next time KS runs into Mr Burrows at a race, Mr Burrows would be aware of who the man really is he's looking at.  I have Mr. Burrows Facebook page and would consider posting something, unless you all feel it's a bad idea.
Russ Anton
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 1:47pm
I've spoken to Mike about this and he is definitely aware of the situation.
The AVD business has nothing to do with him or with Burrows Engineering of course.

He doesn't do Facebook (or email) by the way.

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 3:15pm
...and it seems unlikely anybody is going to run into KS at a race in the near future...
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Gromit View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gromit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 6:11pm
Something seems to be happening at www.windcheetah.co.uk.
Instead of the "suspended web site", message that it was going to most recently, it now goes to an error message which says,
"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@cl.safestrip.co.uk to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.29 (Unix) Server at www.windcheetah.co.uk Port 80".

I wonder if the Sparenberg's are trying to post up an announcement?

Edited by Gromit - 17 December 2017 at 6:12pm
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 9:52pm
lohezm is best placed to answer any web site questions, and he did say answers are on the way. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
  Share Topic