BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2016 Round 3: Preston, May 1st

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Karl View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 Round 3: Preston, May 1st
    Posted: 23 May 2016 at 10:08am
Now I like that.... 
Russel fancy starting a new thread so luddites like me know how to join the party?

Do you need premium Strava or will the free app still let you join in? 

Memo to self.... dig out Strava and start using again.

Karl 

russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 8:12pm
Strava flyby here: http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#562016791?c=gcw1cje5&z=H&t=1N9Tnn&a=F7J_Ib1cfiE
I only seem to be able to see myself and Jochen. If anyone else had Strava running at Preston let me know and I'll try to find out how to add you too...
Russ
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:51pm
The final results for Preston are now available on the BHPC website, together with the current Championship Tables.
Twed View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:08pm
Inside and outside my bike was wet .....so if that was the reason we have a technical problem. I hope it is not the case as I was going to put the actual tags on each rear window.
Did I get results at Lancaster? Nothing was changed overnight.

My thanks to Anne, the Sidwell clan and the Coulsons for doing my organisation whilst I checked racing conditions and took straw poles regarding race formats.
I thinks we got the best we could out of the conditions. I wouldn't have liked to have stood by the track timing someone in that weather.
I really enjoyed the race!..... as its the closest (literally) I've got to Slash in many a race......I was in the lead several times :D but not for long :( damm why did there have to be straights on the track.
Never believe an atom they make up everything.
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

Next year I'll be applying to the AGM for one of these:

Sir needs one of these, then Sir can also sit outside when the sun shines:

Edit: image of a double-decker caravan with sun deck doesn't show up because the file name on Photobucket contains the "F" word, causing the SCIENCE to censor it. It's political correctness gone slightly doolally.

Edited by legs_larry - 04 May 2016 at 12:02pm
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:11pm
Thanks Andrew , i must get some wiper blades for my glasses :) but knew I hadn't seen Jeffrey after he had problems with his handlebars:(

Edited by hotta - 03 May 2016 at 10:41pm
never stop it hurts less in the end
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by hotta hotta wrote:

Hi Andrew thanks for the hard work , but think I've lost a lap , I was just behind Ian Baxter :) on the same lap
You're quite right - the tag data shows you with 19 laps, not 18.

Edited by Andrew S - 03 May 2016 at 9:40pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 9:19am
Originally posted by russellbridge russellbridge wrote:

Have you worked out why it didn't pick up Derek? I noticed that his tag was inside the windshield rather than stuck on the outside - is this enough to make it not read, or was it just not programmed in?
I need to do some more tests with Derrick's tags. The software only displays tags that have been entered in the race, so won't show a tag with a wrong number. Also the rain won't have helped: a wet windshield is a conductive surface which will dissipate the signal. All part of the learning process!

I'm starting to think that the problem with writing tags at Lancaster could have been due to the temperature. All those tags that wouldn't write were perfectly OK once I got them home (and dry). Next year I'll be applying to the AGM for one of these:

russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 8:43am
Have you worked out why it didn't pick up Derek? I noticed that his tag was inside the windshield rather than stuck on the outside - is this enough to make it not read, or was it just not programmed in?
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 11:38pm
Those computer predictions of track positions are pretty close.

Just to clarify. We weren't all gunning around the track at 27mph in the Beano's wake.
The picture actually shows the point on the second lap about 10seconds after Steve had his first opportunity to weave past the rest of us as we were all still spreading out whilst gingerly meandering around the wet corners.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic