BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Up for a ride?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 10:37am
This ride doesn't seem to like me. This is my third go at it and once again there was calamity. The winds were up for the ride to Denver and to top it off I had a loss crank on the off drive side. I slowed us down quite a bit for the first 6 or 7 miles but thanks to John showing up I was able to fix the crank by the time I got to 10 mile bank. Like I said before the wind was pushing us back pretty good on the way to Jenyns pub but we had it on our backs heading home which is the way we like it. Usual suspects all showed up (Jon, Dave, and Brian) with a guest appearance from Wobbly John to save the day with a crank tool, doesn't sound appropriate I know but its true. All and all a great time looking forward to the next, thx for showing guys, and thx for watching the videos

https://youtu.be/FL4o2jefg5Y
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 8:27pm
Back by popular demand!
Looks like a ride to Bury St. Edmund for breakfast is in order. We haven't done this in quite sometime, really looking forward to it. I've done a quick map to show the perspective route as it may change the morning of but The starting location is fixed. Due to the location I can't find free parking so there will be a pay parking area in the details below, which is very cheap. I have the Station Bar and Grill as the location for Breakfast but that may well change on the morning depending on the gang. Hoarder, Davyboy, and Atlasshrugged have all confirmed they're going. As always all are welcome join in on the fun and feel free with to message me with any questions.

Vitals
TIME: DEC 3RD @0800
ROUTING: https://goo.gl/maps/jvUNbXmA7Bw
PARKING: Forest Heath and St Edmundsbury Councils
Rous Road
Suffolk
Newmarket
CB8 8LX
The ride should be over by 1300. It cost 1 quid for 3hrs and charges don't start until 11, so no problem there.
BREAKFAST: https://www.burystedmundssmokehouse.com/

I think I covered everything, see you there.
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 8:52pm
Parking solution, thx Jon.

Just a quick comment: Free all-day parking on-street, not too far from the Clock Tower - B1063 Old Station Road, direction heading away from Newmarket, beyond junction with All Saints Road. It's adjacent to the bottom of the Newmarket Gallops, so watch out for highly-strung racehorses crossing the road (their reaction to 'bents is not predictable - DAHIKT). At that time on a Sunday morning, there'll be plenty of spaces (and if you're unlucky, horses and their jockeys).

https://goo.gl/maps/DDJv3ysTvP82

Recommended as Rous Road Car Park may reject any payment made before 11.00 am.

Edited by cookie32 - 29 November 2017 at 10:02am
Coco View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 8:14am
I'll be there, weather permitting.
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 12:03pm
+1
Coco View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 2:04pm
Great morning out on the bike. Really enjoyed it. Thanks guys.
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 5:23pm
Up early and on the road in the dark, and I mean very dark. I was joined by the usual suspects, Jon, David, and Brian. We were also joined by Mike who drove in from Norwich for the ride.
Turns out I better start paying more attention to the details on the maps I make as I routed more climbing than I like to do in a year lol. Perfect way to break in a new bike I guess. I should have known better when Jon seemed excited by he route. Everything went to plan for the most part except The Smokehouse being closed for breakfast. To be fair I think we came out on top as the food at the Scandinavia Tea House was lovely.
The ride back in was nice and flat for the most part. Which is good because between the cold and the ride into Bury my legs were a bit taxed. For a December ride though I have to say we did fair pretty good for temps, while it was chilly out I never felt cold.

https://youtu.be/LffxDA7xKfA

Edited by cookie32 - 05 December 2017 at 7:32am
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 8:41am
I hope everyone has warm clothes to wear. We're off for another ride and in the cold. I can feel the chill in my bones already. Ok, now that I've got the
pre-ride moaning out of the way. We'll be riding from Histon to St. Ives on an orbital route, oh and there's much less climbing this time 679 vs.181. Just as a disclaimer Hoarder did the routing so if we do end up on the random wickedly steep hill you know who to blame, lol. I know everyone knows but layers will be needed for this ride. I don't expect it o be much warmer than 7c or 8c plus there is a chance of rain but it's a bit too soon to be sure. I'll be going as long as the roads are free of snow and ice. We'll stopping in St. Ives for food and possibly a pint or two depending where we stop. I'm rambling so here's the details..

VITALS
TIME: 21 Jan 2018 meeting time 1000
RALLY POINT: Glass World Stadium, Bridge Rd, Impington, Cambridge CB24 9PH
LOCATION: Histon Football Club to St. Ives and back on a different route
 http://goo.gl/maps/V5khdZzuBfA2
It's roughly a 30 mile route.

Hope to see you there, as always all are welcome and feel free to contact me with any questions.
Don't forget to dress warm!

Edited by cookie32 - 10 January 2018 at 9:43pm
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 2:39pm
google maps link is broken
cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

google maps link is broken

sorted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic