BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2015 Rounds 7&8: Fowlmead, 8-9 August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 Rounds 7&8: Fowlmead, 8-9 August
    Posted: 13 August 2015 at 5:26pm
Sounds like a good weekend, one heart stopping moment aside! Wink
I'll have to make the run down next year - it's just a heck of a trek from the north west...

I was away in Morzine/Les Gets doing some downhill mountain - it's a phenomenal set-up out there using the ski lifts, and still fairly quiet (I suspect it won't be in a few years) - this is a video of one of the 'blue' runs (they're all graded like the ski runs - green, blue, red, black) - it's not me, but this is one of the runs we did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFAvAbP8paE
Great fun - slightly intimidating at first with everyone in full body armour on £4k+ downhill bikes, but great fun once you're up and running...
Russ
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2015 at 4:30pm
The final results for Fowlmead 1 (Saturday) and Fowlmead 2 (Sunday) are now available on the BHPC website, together with the updated 2015 Championship Tables.

Astute observers may spot a rogue Round 2 race on Saturday, apparently won by Steve Slade with no other competitors. Round 2 was in fact the 5-lap time-trial, for which the results became irretrievably locked within the memory of one of the stopwatches. The time-trial was never going to count for points, so nothing has been lost, but it is difficult to completely remove a race from the software once results for subsequent races have been entered.
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2015 at 12:43pm
Indeed, Heather and helpers made it very smooth running.

Andrew you are a "drama queen" potential medical emergency was really a suspected emergency but really was this; Burrows has mechanical, stops, fiddles with his braking bits, restarts, gets cramp, can't unclip and slowly falls over into grass - Andrew S panics Wink !

Yeah i know what you thought, thankfully it wasn't.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2015 at 12:04pm
We all have Heather to thank for that - patiently tallying every crossing off the line for over two hours, despite attending to a potential medical emergency in the middle of it.
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2015 at 10:45am
Was a great weekend. Nice track, nice weather and well organised. I was impressed by the fact that the two races which were not divided into 'slow' and 'fast' (45min race on Saturday and 2h race on Sunday) went smoothly despite the lack of people timing (as everbody was on the track), so well done to the organisers.

Jochen
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2015 at 10:22am
Not many BHPC's there, but what was missing in quantity was certainly made up for in quality.

It was warm, verging on hot (especially for us notherner types), a bit windy at times, racing was good.

There would have been more upwrong trike v recumbent action if more genteel BHPC's had been there, as it was it was very much them and us although Maggie Williams certainly showed them what a mere slip of a lass on a recumbent could do.

The time trial and subsequent relay race was fought hard and was very entertaining despite there being no points.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but i love racing there.
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2015 at 8:43am
All very quiet on here re the racing at Fowlmead. I was in France so apologies for non-attendance!
Was it a good weekend? How did the joint weekend with the trikes go? 
Russ
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 8:32am
Any photo's yet ? .
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2015 at 10:48pm
Blimey, Brian went well!
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2015 at 10:37pm
The results for Sunday have been moved to a separate topic to try and keep discussions more tractable:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic