BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2015 Round 4: Lancaster, 13th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 12:34am
and another video here - first 3 laps of the fast race hanging onto the ratracer train...
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 8:46am
Thanks for two great days of racing. I think in the first fast race in Lancaster there is a lap missing for me. I should be somewhere between Neil and Karl.

Jochen
speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 9:24am
And I came in front of Karl, for that race only
Ian Squires

Edited by speedy381 - 15 June 2015 at 9:24am
Nitram View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 3:04pm
In the first slow race I'm pretty sure that Mike (105) finished ahead of Pete, me and Katie (with the same number of laps) 
When a ball dreams it dreams it's a frisbee
When a bike dreams it dreams it's a trike
Karl View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 11:30pm
I apologise for any cock up in order of finishers and number of laps but I think its worth saying that a clearly visible race number and accurate recording of laps is crucial to correct results. It was my first time taking race results and its not as easy as the established race organisers make it look.
As Mr Sidwell is always lamenting we need more people to come forward and organise the races... we all have to do our bit, if a dumb ass like me can get it 'almost' right then anyone can do it.

I for one will be putting my name forward again to take the pressure off the few organising for the silent majority.... you know who you are and are empowered to take an active roll !

Karl
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 11:37pm
I thought you did a great job! 
The lack of visible numbers makes taking the finish order very tricky unfortunately!

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 11:40pm
Thanks for having the courage to take on organising Karl (and Katie). Don't worry, it is a BHPC tradition to have a few errors in the results ;-)

Like the man says - clearly legible front numbers really help the organisers.
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Karl View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 11:46pm
Geoff,
I notice your trusty steed or the last few races loaded into the back of a van (not your vehicle).. does that mean you are closer to completing your new beautifully rendered machine? 

K

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2015 at 11:53pm
Afraid not Karl - lots to do still - I'm going back to two wheels for a while (which means having to mend the T-7). The T-7 appears to be approx. 5 mph faster than the Greenspeed X5, which is speed I need!

Really enjoyed my triking though (many thanks to Rob and Carol for lending it to me) and trying Brian's Evo-K at Lancaster!
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2015 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by speedy381 speedy381 wrote:

And I came in front of Karl, for that race only
Ian - If you came in front of Karl then you must both have had the same laps. It is more likely that you both have 11 laps rather than both have 12, otherwise your speeds in the first race are rather high. However this means deducting a lap from Karl - does either of you have any comments?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic