BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Ely-Cambridge-Ely 31-May-15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 5:15pm
Lucky us, looks like the weather Gods have seen fit to throw a high pressure system right in the middle of what's left of hurricane Joaquin. Splitting it right down the middle and leaving us with a nice Autumn day.
I'd like to encourage every that's on the fence about joining this ride to come out. This will probably be the last nice ride weather wise before the cold sets in and the clocks rollback. This ride is a fair distance but as flat as they come.
Jon and Brian are in, turns out it's Dave's birthday so he's out. Robert said he'd be driving in from Mowbray and Alan is a maybe. Decent size group, anyway back to the point don't miss out, you'll regret it.

Will
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 5:28pm
I'm still hoping to come along. 

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 11:13pm
I have just spotted a remarkable coincidence...
Every year on or around my birthday I like to ride my age in miles... A silly little thing I've been doing for several years now. I always say that when I'm 99 I'm going to switch to KMs... Big smile

Anyway, next Tuesday I will be 53.
If I've got the sums correct this ride is 52.7 miles.

So I may need to ride round the block a couple of times.
Big smile

Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 4:18pm
Looks good, will try and get there, but domestic arrangements for sunday currently uncertain
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2015 at 6:52pm
I have permission to attend, but need to do some work on the velo first, i was going to ride down and back home, but maybe not, although i would like to do an imperial century so may abandon the car en-route!
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 3:00pm
Having just looked closer at the logistics i've decided to give it a miss.

Hope you all have a good ride!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 3:59pm
I've just put 3 new tyres on the Catrike which would seem to be the best tool for this job... I think the Stelvios that were on it were probably original from 2006!
They were ok but lots of cracks. Now got Kojaks on the front and a Durano on the back...

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 5:44pm
Love Kojaks, they're are great tyres.

Sorry you can't make it Yanto there will be more.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 6:22pm
Not a lot of choice in 16" now really - The rear is a slightly odd size as well... 451

Elydave View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elydave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 5:29pm
I think I'm going to cry off tomorrow, my left knee is giving me gyp after an ultramarathon three weeks ago, don't think it will be happy with 3-4 hours on the bike, even the recumbent.

Seems I need a bit more tiem to recover these days
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic