BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

New bike

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New bike
    Posted: 25 February 2015 at 9:04pm
My new bike I should have by the end of April, and when ready will have a go at the uk hour record,so hope to talk to the right people about how to make the attempt official
never stop it hurts less in the end
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 9:34pm
WOW!!

Fantastic Neil.. I'm sure we can get a team of timers/observers together.

The only velodrome BHPC have booked this year is Scunthorpe I think - maybe that would give an opportunity (either early in the day or after the normal BHPC races?)

Andy TS View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy TS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 1:25pm
Reading is easily accessible and if not pre booked can be used for a few quid for a couple of hours. Had wasp round it a few times. Not too bumpy (been on worse) and good for testing.

Remember as a kid there being a test track at the ford research centre in Essex (dunton) that had banking a long straights. Was fun in transit van 😄
Allewedder A2, Broken Optima Baron Lowracer
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 11:49am

Great news.

Is the new bike called Ristretto by any chance?

Best peddling wishes to you.

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 1:15pm
Yes, it's one of these isn't it?

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 10:27pm
As well as going for the UK record, would an extra 400 metres earn warrant a BHPC HR record?.
1hr + 1 lap with a 2day post event quibbling allowance before results are finalised.......
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 10:32pm
Somebody take that man's membership number... Big smile

hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 9:32pm
That's the bike, there's only one , and more important I fit,no short cranks or cut down shoes needed :)
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 7:15pm
What you mean you won't have to slice skin and bleed everywhere?  Doesn't sound like you Neil, I thought you enjoyed the pain, suffering and picking the scabs later!
hotta View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 9:14pm
I use to think you had to do that but apparently you don't have to :)
Will post how things go round castle Combe with gps data and power output
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic