BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2015 York Rally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 9:38pm
Great to see everybody and good fun on the campsite in the evenings...
The stand seemed to be popular all day on yesterday - I hope it was the same today.
Wicked race between Ian and Jack on the velodrome this afternoon...
My fuelling cock-up made it a very expensive weekend unfortunately and I'm back down to earth with a bump as I'm working tonight!

Hoping to see some of you at Shenington next weekend!

blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 10:45am
here are a few photo's of sunday at york and the velodrome racing copy any you want cheers.
Jeff.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 3:17pm
Some good photo's there Russ and Jeff, then there are ones of me! I can't wait for my race cap to arrive.

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, the velodrome despite making me feel Sick was so good I stopped and went round quite a few more times after you lot went away, then i had to do a few more for a photo shoot!

Actually one of the highlights was cycling home afterwards when I became entangled in the Isle of Axholme vintage and veteran tractor rally ( I like tractors), i took a break, had a good feed and watched roughly 30 old belching and farting tractors trundle by.

I got home about 6:45pm, with sore legs and a sunburnt bonce, so I now look a little bit like this chappy =>Evil Smile 

PS i'd forgotten what fun racing is !

Edited by Yanto - 22 June 2015 at 3:26pm
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 5:47pm
Thanks to all who (in no particular order):
  • transported the marquee/table/publicity stands,
  • put it all up,
  • manned the stand to sell stuff and talk endlessly about Guy Martin(!),
  • organised the velodrome races,
  • took part in the velodrome races,
  • stayed around to help dismantle the marquee,
  • and transported the marquee and banners away.
You know who you are but special mention to Barney Harle, Neil Hood and Andrew Sidwell.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 8:46pm
Here are the official results of the velodrome races at York Rally, each 15 mins + 1 lap:

Race 1 (unfaired):

1st Russell Bridge 24.94 mph
2nd Simon Watson 21.51 mph
3rd Jeff James

Race 2 (faired):

1st Jack Watson 29.85 mph
2nd Ian Perry 29.68 mph
3rd Brian Robertson 29.56 26.56 mph

Apologies for the absence of a time for Jeff owing to technical failure (OK, we forgot to start the watch).

Many thanks to all who took part, especially Team Watson who provided 30% of the competitors and took away 33% of the prizes. Special thanks also to the organising team of Alan and Barney without whom none of it would have happened. Barney's ding-a-ling was the star event of the weekend.

Edited by Andrew S - 23 June 2015 at 9:17am
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 8:51pm

Thankfully Barney refrained from getting his ding-a-ling out on the campsite but there were some other entertaining noises from his pitch... Big smile

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

Here are the official results of the velodrome races at York Rally, each 15 mins + 1 lap:

Race 2 (faired):

1st Jack Watson 29.85 mph
2nd Ian Perry 29.68 mph
3rd Brian Robertson 29.56 mph

I know it doesn't make one iota of difference,and it isn't important; but, Brian's speed is way too high, I lapped him numerous times.

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 10:59pm
Oops - my mistkae. The '9' was umop apisdn (Larrington Intlâ„¢). Brian's speed was 65.62 mph - sorry, 26.56 mph. Or something like that.
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

The '9' was umop apisdn (Larrington Intlâ„¢). 

LOL
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 11:45am
"Brian's speed is way too high, I lapped him numerous times"

Would definitely agree my GPS puts the speed somewhere between 26 and 27 mph

Ian I don't know where you get all that energy from after the race to: mate with the race organizer, cycle home 140 miles, AND you are getting a race cap for even more speed.

Thanks to all for a great day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic