BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Audaxes and sportives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

St Crispins day night ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy TS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St Crispins day night ride
    Posted: 28 October 2014 at 2:56pm
First year doing the ride and I have to say what a blinder.

You leave Chiswick with 250 other riders for a jaunt around the sights of London and its drunk and lively populace.

Fighting through the taxis and being molested by drunk women at traffic lights was fun on the Baron but harder work than my friends on their uprights.

Once out of the bright lights it was empty roads and a great ride with ample tea stops (good cake as well) followed by hot food at 70 miles in twyford where you collect you bottle of wine.

Home bound as the sun is coming up and final tea stop 15 miles from the finish and its into Chiswick for breakfast.

Oh and make sure you check the trains are running on Sunday or you get to ride home too. 😝

Next years event will be around the same time and is a great route for a recumbent as no real hills to speak of.
Allewedder A2, Broken Optima Baron Lowracer
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 2:59pm
I'm sure our new editor would welcome a write-up and some piccies for the magazine...

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 3:00pm
Smile
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 10:53am
"This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day"

If you are allowed to administer Scientific biffs to the nut of any passing Frenchie then I'm in
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Andy TS View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy TS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2014 at 8:33pm
Not sure about rules on frenchie bashing but a damn good jolly. Awaiting next years ride already and will better plan return route just in case
Allewedder A2, Broken Optima Baron Lowracer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic