BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > World Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2015 World Championships

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 World Championships
    Posted: 08 July 2014 at 9:31pm
...will be in Maasmechelen in Belgium. Registration isn't open yet but they already have a great logo:

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2015 at 10:26pm
Registration for WC2015 is now open.

See the HPV Belgium website for full information on races and courses:
www.hpv.be/wk

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 1:45pm
I've been in touch with the organisers about paying registration:
  • Paying on arrival, as has been customary for Brits at previous Cyclevisions and Worlds, isn't possible. You are only registered to race when payment is received.

• Paypal is acceptable, although not advertised on the registration site: include a comment saying you want to use Paypal and they will send you the account name.

• TransferGo, a new money-transfer service for Europe, is the preferred alternative. It's as cheap or cheaper than Paypal (99p + 1.5%) and it looks like a normal bank transfer to the recipient.
I used TransferGo and my €55 registration cost £40.59.
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 4:31pm
Does anyone know if we need a medical certificate like last year? I've heard rumours we do but can't see anything about it on the website or the registration confirmation email. Have I just missed it?
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 5:25pm
Rule 1 says:
"Any person entering the competition will have to produce a medical certificate stating his physical ability to cycle in competition, dated less than 6 months at the start of the competition."

Some of us also need to be aware of Rule 2.1:
"The vehicle should have sufficient braking power (at least 2 brakes) and stability."
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 5:31pm
Ah yes, thanks Andrew - must've skim read it Embarrassed
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

Some of us also need to be aware of Rule 2.1:
"The vehicle should have sufficient braking power (at least 2 brakes) and stability."
I have asked the WK2015 organising committee to consider relaxing this rule and adopting Rule 3.1.3 from the WHPVA competition rules (June 2015 edition) instead:
3.1.3 Brakes: All vehicles must have a safe means of stopping.
I shall circulate any response here on the Forum.

Edited by Andrew S - 01 July 2015 at 5:32pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 2:50pm
Good news (if you were planning to take only one brake to the Worlds). This just in from the WC2015 organisers:
But we have discussed this and we will allow vehicles with one brake.
We will change the rules to  the WHPVA requirements  “ All vehicles must have a safe means of stopping”

Regards,

Bram Luyckx
for Hpv Belgium vzw

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 3:49pm
I think Burrows has been berating them - poor sods :-)
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 9:16am
Hmmm... is there a doctor in the house? My medical certificate is going to cost me £32, almost as much as the registration for the Worlds. Presumably I still pay even if I fail with

AngryAngryAngry
high blood pressure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic