BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > World Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

World Championships 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 3:42pm
Well, early bird rate for registration is soon over (31 May). It's time to wake up ;-)

If you are still undecided about the bike to take, please read the latest article about the 100km criterium:
http://hpv-worldchampionship-france2014.com/telech/test-criterium-bernard_v3.pdf
This is a comparison of a velomobile and a 2 wheel recumbent on the circuit

Edited by marc - 21 May 2014 at 4:35pm
marc View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 11:14pm
Early bird rate is extended to mid-June at least, so don't hesitate to register! So far only 6 brits have signed (including the Watson family who counts for 3)

Cheers
Marc
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 10:41am
Marc - can you tell me what the maximum gradient is on both the criterium course and the hill-climb course please? Thank you.
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
marc View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 10:52am
Hi Geoff,

The profiles below overestimate the grade I believe

- hill-climb about 15% .
http://www.openrunner.com/index.php?id=2921101

- Criterium about 7%
http://www.openrunner.com/index.php?id=3650569
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 3:15pm
Thanks Marc - not as bad as I thought when the velomobile guy was talking about a 28T chainring...
marc View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 1:46pm
We still haven't reach our break-even number of participants :-(
The 60€ registration price is therefore extended once more to 1st July.
We are currently working on a solution to provide medical certificate on site, via a local GP (about 25€). If someone needs it please get in touch with me via the official contact email.

Marc
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 10:57am
Hi again Marc,

We would rather get a medical certificate before setting off for France if possible. I went to our doctors today and they are unclear from the certificate (from your website) exactly what sort of medical examination is required - can you or your insurers be more specific please? As a full 30 minute general medical examination, will cost £80, we are hoping this is not required!

Thanks for your help.
marc View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 12:06pm
Hi Geoff,

in France the GP only checks heart rate, blood pressure, breath and your general condition. So a full examination (VO2max, electrocardiogram,..) is not required.
Hope this clarifies the issue.

Any late participant from the UK to come? Mike B., Andrew, Claire, Adrian, Neil, Paul,...where are you? ;-)

See you soon.
marc

Edited by marc - 01 July 2014 at 12:06pm
marc View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 12:12pm
oh and by the way, it's better to contact me via the official mail
contact "at" hpv-worldchampionship-france2014 "dot" com
I read this one daily
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 2:31pm
Thanks Marc. I didn't message you because I thought your answer might be of interest to others here. I can tell you that Claire and Adrian definitely aren't coming and Mike doesn't have a racing bike that does hills Evil SmileSmile

Edited by GeoffBird - 03 July 2014 at 12:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic