BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > British Pedal Car Championship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

24 Hour Pedal Car Race

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 24 Hour Pedal Car Race
    Posted: 31 May 2013 at 3:09pm
I have entered a team in the 24hr Pedalcar Race at Shenington in Oxfordshire on the weekend of 29th & 30th June. Unfortunately one of the team members has had to drop out  so we are looking for a suitable recruit to fill his seat. There will be about 45 cars competing on the track, which is just over 1km long, and last year as a team we finished 7th. The team will consist of 6 riders/drivers so in total you will probably ride for about  4 hours in 30 minute shifts with breaks of 3 hours in between. All accommodation (tent) will be provided along with meals. The remaining members of the team are Sam, Twed, John Lucian, Leo McNally and Liam Goodman so if you are interested in joining them please get in touch.  
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 6:54pm
pm sent
sam knight View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:00pm
interested if deemed suitable....
To be happy and not get killed.
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:36pm
given Sam the seat over me John I can always pop off on an audax....
sam knight View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:02am
Heh Graydog....I don't want to tread on any spd's I just said I am potentially interested...happy to be second reserve....never raced pedal car - so would be good to add it to the list of new experiences.
To be happy and not get killed.
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:41am
hey Sam I wear toetectors!!!! no worries drop in and ride!!!

I get to ride 4 wheeler alomost when ever I want and have riden 24hr a few times......

the first time we'd stepped of the plan back from Oz, so our body clocks were in night mode!!!! did not end up with jetlag either.

same track few year later was the next spin...... not sure why I dont just race pc all the time.... hummmmm

so I happy you take the seat, get you sleep....

cheers
Gd
jes@gcre View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jes@gcre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by graydog graydog wrote:

the first time we'd stepped of the plan back from Oz, so our body clocks were in night mode!!!! did not end up with jetlag either.
Gd

You were a star that year!

We had had 2 teenage drivers drop out 2 days before the event and would have pulled the team if you hadn't stepped in.
Racing is life...
Anything which happens before or afterwards is just standing around waiting to race....
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by jes@gcre jes@gcre wrote:

Originally posted by graydog graydog wrote:

Gd

You were a star that year!

We had had 2 teenage drivers drop out 2 days before the event and would have pulled the team if you hadn't stepped in.

It was ace, riding with you guys!!!

I really must look in to racing some more PC events, we always perhaps next year ......

will get a quattro ready for it over the winter, needs a different drive spec for that type of racing.
but the but racing over the winter will be the North Wales cyclocross.

always a big thanks to you guys for asking

cheers
Graydog

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic