BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archive (pre-February 2015) > Public Archive > The BHPC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Forum LockedRichard Ballantine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 1:56pm
Many thanks to Sherri, Shawn, Kathy and Danielle for today...
I think it would be impossible to think of a more fitting way to celebrate Richard's life.
I'm sure he would have been very proud of all of you today.

Alan
X

Neil View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 3:44pm
 Thumbs Up
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:35pm

Richard was involved in all aspects of organising WC2012 and was very keen to make Fowlmead more than just a race meeting this year...

He said: "I am working to organise a timed agility (trials) course, to be run just for fun, with a couple of prizes (novice and veteran). The timing (hours open) will be set to complement the regular BHPC races."

I would like to suggest that we should do this for him... Any suggestions on the best way to get it done or offers of help organising it will be more than welcome...

graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 8:35am
I think it should involve changing a tire!!! you can noninate a wheel off you bike but get more points if the wheel has to be removed.

parked cars?
cones?

carry a bag of shopping or the kids home!!!

beer run!!!! or drink of your liking. pint glasses setup at the end of hlaf mile drag. race to on end down one, race to the other down one..... repeat till you cant carry on!!! water is good for this... if you can hold more than eight pints yuo'll be doing blooming good!!!

almost come if we had a race like this

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 9:42am
Originally posted by graydog graydog wrote:

beer run!!!!

No Graham, Richard had in mind something different to a normal BHPC event... LOL

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 2:39pm
I was very sorry not to make Richard's funeral yesterday but I trust that we put on a good show for him, even though we were competing for recumbent riders with Help for Heroes.

If anyone hasn't seen them there are at least a couple of obituaries of Richard online:
although you will need to give some money to Rupert Murdoch before he will let you read the second one.

JDub View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 9:09pm
It was a very fitting day. My pictures are on http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/Protobikes/library/Richards%20Funeral
If anyone has grabbed the pic of Mrs B, please don't use it.

Thanks - Jonathan
jdub... Got the T-shirt
http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/Protobikes/library
http://protobikes.org.uk/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150386999@N02/

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by JDub JDub wrote:

It was a very fitting day. My pictures are on http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/Protobikes/library/Richards%20Funeral

Thumbs Up

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 4:19pm

blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 10:36pm
Hi Folks
also found this tribute to richard on you tube hope it's approprate  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qocBRndL2us  .
Jeff.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic