BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

York Rally Social Ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: York Rally Social Ride
    Posted: 18 March 2013 at 4:37pm
Posting here in the members-only zone, rather than in the main Rally thread, because I am thinking about a social ride out from the event, but not this time as part of the Rally's advertised programme of rides.

I'm thinking of Saturday during the day, likely with a pub lunch, getting back mid-afternoon.  Another option could be Saturday evening (with a pub, of course).  Who would be up for what? 

Alan - does the Club's insurance cover social rides, and what restrictions, if any, are there, e.g. members only, requirement to sign-on, etc.?

Edited by Adrian Setter - 18 March 2013 at 4:39pm
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 6:31pm
Hi Adrian,

Unfortunately not - We are only covered for our events on closed circuits. Previously we had some very vague wording about training rides but it really wouldn't have stood up.
We did try encouraging people to join CTC to take advantage of their insurance, but as far as I know we would have no easy way of making sure that all those involved are covered...
Would it not be better to have the rides as part of the program of events and covered by the rally's insurance?

Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Hi Adrian,

Would it not be better to have the rides as part of the program of events and covered by the rally's insurance?

As the Club insurance doesn't cover it, I may need to take that option. 
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 8:02pm
I've just volounteered to man the stall if you go for a ride during the day.  However, i would like to come along so evening would better - please Big smile
Twed View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2013 at 12:24pm
Aaaagghhhh......what if we all meet in front of the stand and I spontaniously say "I fancy a ride out....anyone else interested?" Then we go out for a ride as a group of friends. What flipping difference is that to a Sunday ride out with friends!!!?
And don't say because it thought about it beforehand ....and we are all BHPC members.....because that will make my Sunday rides with Geoff & Fiona fall into that flipping category!!! Flipping insurance to have a ride out with friends ....grrr.
Never believe an atom they make up everything.
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 8:23pm
Be aware that there is normally the velovision pub ride on the saturday evening.
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 12:09pm
Could we not join in with the velovision folks??

Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 12:49pm
I'll be at the BHPC stand on Saturday morning to meet up with some friends for a ride, departing at 10.15.  We'll be riding about 30 miles and taking a refreshment stop en route (Beer and pies / Tea and cake options both available), aiming to return to York early in the afternoon.  Be there  if you want to join in.

I'm not available for a ride on Saturday evening.  I'm not aware of a Velovisionaries ride this year (Velovision is no longer based in York) but I'll be more than happy during Saturday afternoon to suggest routes for evening pub rides.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic