BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Audaxes and sportives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

London-Edinburgh-London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:23pm

if you want, but gives Slash chance to see info to. we could move into riding Club activity if you think best then it is not there for the world to see.

I love 4-4:30am... been ding most of my rides from then ok perhaps a bit later 5am.

basicly m25 junction, A10 out of london sunday 6:30 should be ok I'd hope. guessing most of the front riders form 6am are going out quick. but it is still gonna be a few bikes to ride by if you have the pace.

http://londonedinburghlondon.com/loughton---st-ives

Edited by graydog - 01 July 2013 at 9:29pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:32pm
Topic moved to member's only area at request of Graydog...

slasher View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 6:38am
Why?
Brought to you by the makers of Beano.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 6:44am
No idea to be honest! Confused

graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by slasher slasher wrote:

Why?

got the impression from Yanto's post it perhaps should be less visable(sorry if I misundersood),
going PM means only two way convos.

Edited by graydog - 02 July 2013 at 8:53am
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 11:22am
there is one hill out of moffat few miles in. looks a bit interesting on the terrain profile. the whole up never seems to get steeper then what I have round here, but it dose seem to go on a long way on the map. scale wise about 5miles total 200m ish but mainly in the last mile or so
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?safe=off&q=ll11+3yb&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48572450,d.d2k&biw=1366&bih=600&wrapid=tlif137271612569910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Edited by graydog - 02 July 2013 at 11:24am
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 11:56am
I've ridden that climb out of Moffat.  It's not especially steep, though it goes on a bit.  It would hold no fears for me to do it again with a loaded touring bike.  I have no experience of any sort of climb in a velomobile, though.  The descent the other side is also long and steady so you should find that rewarding.

Also, though an A road, it is not busy (I guess most people stick to the motorway).  In contrast, apropos of other questions in this thread, there's no way I would cycle on the stretches of the A1 and A66 mentioned.  If you get flattened on a dual carriageway in this part of the world, by a driver who decides that looking at the opposite carriageway is more important than looking in front of him, your grieving relatives probably won't even have the satisfaction of seeing him go to gaol: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-23007341
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:07pm
cheers.... on the hill

and taken on board no A1-A66 it looks so nice in Google
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 8:30pm
Not bothered about being less visible, just less boring for everybody who isn't doing it.  Forgot about Slash, sorry Mr Slash Embarrassed!
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 9:08pm
well he is only world also ran now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic